We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Attractions for keeping cool??

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
113 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Attractions for keeping cool??

We're headed to St. Louis this week and just checked the forecast. It's going to be very hot -- even 100 on Thursday! I'm going to revise our itinerary to include a few more indoor attractions b/c I had scheduled us to be at Forest Park all day Thursday and then the Botanical Garden for a good part of Friday.

What are some good indoor attractions that I'm missing? Our daughters are 6, 6 and 7. We're also doing the Magic House, Arch/City Garden.

Thank you!

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
105 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Attractions for keeping cool??

At that age they would probably enjoy the Science Center, which is also in Forest Park......or, if they're into art the Art Museum is always a great place to see.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
71 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Attractions for keeping cool??

City Museum would be great and don't pay extra for some of the outdoor spaces. At the zoo there are a lot of buildings that will allow you to go inside. Make sure to go to the penguin and puffin coast they keep it around 50 degrees! The Magic House is a great idea as well! Have a good trip!!!

St. Louis, Missouri
Level Contributor
491 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Attractions for keeping cool??

City Garden is downtown, and is full of water attractions which your girls can wade in and run through. Nothing deep, just fountains and pools. It is a place where it's fully acceptable to go in the water! Nice for a cool down. Glad you have it on your list.

The zoo has many indoor attractions where you can get some relief during your visit too.

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
91 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Attractions for keeping cool??

Six Flags has a water park.

St. Louis
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
2,881 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Attractions for keeping cool??

Sorry about the forecast. Good suggestions above. I agree with the City Museum and Science Center for kids. The History Museum usually has something with kids in mind. If, as Lucas suggested, the kids might enjoy art, the Kemper Museum at Wash U is very close to the art museum, also free, and currently showing some great abstract pieces the kids would probably enjoy. I have a 6-yr-old girl and she enjoys the art museum, at least for a quick walk-through (I'm not allowed to do much reading).

Another pretty amazing place is the Cathedral Basilica. It took over 70 years to complete the mosaics.

Except for the City Museum, all of the above are free.

6. Re: Attractions for keeping cool??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, June 27, 2013