We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Summer Renting in STL

St. Louis
1 post
Save Topic
Summer Renting in STL

I'm a college student in Rolla, MO but from Cape Girardeau, MO and I've accepted a summer internship with Pfizer in Chesterfield. Currently, I'm looking for a place to live in the St. Louis area. Does anyone have any suggestions of safe areas to look into or areas to stay away from? I'm going to St. Louis this weekend to look at a place in University City/Delmar loop. Is this an 'okay' area of town?I've looked at www.rent.com and www.forrent.com and I'm having difficulty finding a place that will lease for just 3 months and costs less than an arm and a leg. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

St. Louis,MO
Level Contributor
1,395 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Summer Renting in STL

The U City area would have a lot to offer, especially the younger crowd. I believe that particular part of the city will be the most accomidating since it is by Wash. U. I imagine that with most students out for summer break, there should a market for short term renters. Perhaps some students may want to keep their place(especially if it is really nice and a good deal) and sub-let it over the summer. Check out the university newspaper www.studlife.com and look under 'For Rent'. Scroll down, you will see a section designated for sublets.

Other areas that would offer you a taste of STL are The Central West End, Dogtown, Lafayette Square, and Brentwood to name a few. Chesterfield is a great community, but unless you are into strip malls and minivans, I would lean towards the city. Good luck in your search.

Tucson, AZ
Level Contributor
442 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Summer Renting in STL

Check craigslist.org for rentals all over the world, in particular, for St Louis sublets, go to http://stlouis.craigslist.org/sub/. Be sure to check the map link for the location.