We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6 Flags or Worlds of Fun

New York
Level Contributor
344 posts
124 reviews
Save Topic
6 Flags or Worlds of Fun

Traveling with two boys 11 and 16. Which park do you think is better for thrill rides?

Which city is the safest and the nicest. Thank you!

Kansas City
Level Contributor
416 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 6 Flags or Worlds of Fun

As an avid amusement park fan, I would definately hit Six Flags over Worlds of Fun if your looking for thrill rides. However, I might also interject that Six Flags is extremely busy during the summer while Worlds of Fun generally has smaller crowds and the park is more "guest friendly."

I would hate to suggest that either St. Louis or KC is safer or nicer than the other. That being said, I would reccomend Missouri visitors hit St. Louis over KC due to the fact that there are more things to do for visitors.

missouri
Level Contributor
194 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 6 Flags or Worlds of Fun

Worlds of Fun has a waterpark next door, Oceans of fun; don't know if Six Flags does or not.

You could probably get tickets to a Royals baseball game in Kc --- probably couldn't get tickets to a game in St Louis, but I'm pretty sure they will be plentiful in KC. And its nice to see ballparks in different cities!

The Kansas Speedway is just a few miles west of downtown KC, if anyone in the family is a race fan. Tours are available. Close to the Speedway is Cabelas, a large outdoor type store, and has lots of neat animal exhibits. The Great Wolf Lodge is between the speedway and Cabelas and has an indoor waterpark. Tours are also available of the Harley Davidson plant.

On the cultural side, there is the Nelson Art Gallery. And the Harry Truman Home and Presidental Library is just a few minutes away from downtown KC in Independence, Mo.

Not much to interest tourists in downtown KC. Mostly office buildings, parking lots and construction projects.

No matter which side of Missouri you decide to visit, have a great time and welcome to the SHOW ME STATE! (And it's only about a 4 1/2 hour drive from one side of the state to the other, so maybe you'll decide to see both sides of Missouri!)

Saint Peters
Level Contributor
496 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 6 Flags or Worlds of Fun

Six Flags does have a water park. It is called Hurricane Harbor and is included in price of admission to Six Flags. I would choose St. Louis over KC, because there is much more to do in STL besides the amusement parks. Royals tickets will be much easier and cheaper to get than Cardinals tickets, but the environment really does not compare. You get what you pay for. Even though the Cardinals season is close to being sold out, tickets are available on the Prime Seat Club at www.stlcardinals.com.

missouri
Level Contributor
19 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 6 Flags or Worlds of Fun

I replied to your other post but saw this one and thought I would reply here. I have no attachment (don't live in either one but have visited both many times) to either city, so my opinions might be more unbiased than some of the other input you have received. Kansas City is my preference. My family prefers the theme park there and there are also many other things to do. I am sure there is somewhere on the net you can find out what events are scheduled for the area during your visit. To us, KC seems easier to get around in than St. Louis and we always enjoy our trips there. The airport is also nicer and much easier to utilize than the one in St. Louis.

Saint Peters
Level Contributor
496 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 6 Flags or Worlds of Fun

The only thing worth going to KC is for Arthur Bryant's BBQ.

Kansas City
Level Contributor
416 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 6 Flags or Worlds of Fun

I think that was a rather rude post. There are many reasons to visit KC, BBQ is only one. :)

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
534 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 6 Flags or Worlds of Fun

There are positives and negatives to both metro areas. Let's take the high road and focus on the positives.

Saint Peters
Level Contributor
496 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 6 Flags or Worlds of Fun

Sorry, I didn't mean to be rude, but that is just how I feel. I think KC is somewhat boring.

New York
Level Contributor
344 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 6 Flags or Worlds of Fun

Still confused on which park we will hit. Thanks for your opinions. Didn't mean to stir up any conflicts, just trying to find out which park my boys would enjoy more.

Kansas City
Level Contributor
416 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 6 Flags or Worlds of Fun

LOL, this thread did get a little OT didn't it.

I think its a little bit of a trade off when decieding between the two parks.

Six Flags - Heavy crowds at both the amusement park and water park, better collection of coasters and thrill rides.

Worlds of Fun - Lighter crowds than SFStL, fewer coasters and thrill rides.

Both parks have water parks attached. (SFStL includes Hurricane Harbor in the admission price, WOF does not include admission to Oeans of Fun)

Take some time and look at their websites, consider the time of year you are going, the cost (keep in mind discounts can be found), what rides they have, shows, etc. . .

www.worldsoffun.com

www.sixflags.com/parks/stlouis/index.asp

Both parks are high class amusement parks and I'm sure you would be pleased with either.