We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fountain on Locust

Southern Illinois
Level Contributor
206 posts
Save Topic
Fountain on Locust

How far is the Fountain on Locust from the Fox? Would this be a good place for kids? What other restaurants close to the Fox would be good with kids?

Mentioned in this post
Fountain on Locust
Fountain on Locust
575 Reviews
Saint Louis, MO
St. Louis
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
1,032 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fountain on Locust

Sure. I think it would be great. Lots of ice cream & desserts, plus a broad enough menu for kids. It does serve alcohol, including adult ice cream drinks. The Fountain is about 5-6 blocks east of the Fox.

City Diner, next door to the Fox would be a good choice for the kids too.

Vito's, on Lindell, is a couple blocks south of the Fox plus one block east. They serve pizza / Italian food. Nice selection of gelato.

STL
Level Contributor
422 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fountain on Locust

I 2nd the Fountain and City Diner. I think the kids would get a kick out of the ice cream at the Fountain and would love the kitch of the Diner. I havent been to the fountain yet but my wife has and loved it. We are going for dinner before we head to the Fox next Friday.

Saint Louis...
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
1,386 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fountain on Locust

I 3rd Fountain. I have not had great food or service at City Diner, but the location is great. Maybe also consider The Good Pie, wood fired Neapolitan pizza, also nearby.

Edited: 8:56 pm, January 24, 2012
St. Louis
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
2,941 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fountain on Locust

We took our daughter (age 5) to the Fountain and she loved it. It's not designed for kids, but it's not a bar atmosphere either, at least in the early hours. They do have a children's menu and they took care of our little girl just fine. Reivews of this City Diner location are mixed. I've only been to the S. Grand location and service there is a bit inconsistent.

Never made it to the Good Pie because every picture of pizza I've seen shows the crust to be partially charred. Fine for me, but not for the wife or little one.

st louis
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Fountain on Locust

The Fountain on Locust is about 3 blks east of the Fox -with a delicious menu and most memorable interior!

Mentioned in this post
Fountain on Locust
Fountain on Locust
575 Reviews
Saint Louis, MO
st louis
Level Contributor
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Fountain on Locust

The Fountain on Locust is 3 blocks (walking) from the Fox. If driving, please know Locust does not intersect Grand -you will need to take Washington or Olive (Locust is in the middle) then go one more block east of Compton. TFOL is at the corner of Cardinal and Locust!

Mentioned in this post
Fountain on Locust
Fountain on Locust
575 Reviews
Saint Louis, MO
st louis
Level Contributor
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Fountain on Locust

The Fountain on Locust is 3 blocks (walking) from the Fox. If driving, please know Locust does not intersect Grand -you will need to take Washington or Olive (Locust is in the middle) then go one more block east of Compton. TFOL is at the corner of Cardinal and Locust!

Mentioned in this post
Fountain on Locust
Fountain on Locust
575 Reviews
Saint Louis, MO
st louis
Level Contributor
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Fountain on Locust

Mentioned in this post
Fountain on Locust
Fountain on Locust
575 Reviews
Saint Louis, MO
9. Re: Fountain on Locust

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, December 14, 2013