We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

thinking of moving to mo

Which Saint Louis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
cape cod...
1 post
Save Topic
thinking of moving to mo

hi im thinking of relocating to mo i have a close friend who lives there and is relocating closer to st louis she said to lood at places like blackwell, desoto. I am a single mom i presently live in cape cod although i make a decent wage about 22k i would like some feed back on were to start

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
534 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: thinking of moving to mo

I'd start by first researching a few towns to determine what jobs are available in that area. I'd also want to look at school districts in order to choose the best one for my kid. Finally, I would contact a realtor or use a site that specializes in apartments (see below) to find a place to live.

DeSoto, MO

http://web.jcn.net/chamber/

http://www.rentnet.com/apartments/home.jhtml

Missouri
Level Contributor
475 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: thinking of moving to mo

Desoto is a very small town with not alot of jobs. Your best bet would be to look at Festus. Although housing will be cheaper in Desoto, Festus has more job opportunities.

St. Louis
Level Contributor
39 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: thinking of moving to mo

I would definitely consider the city. I live on "the Hill" and love it!

You didn't mention your line of work, but the wages should be higher in the city as opposed to DeSoto. Living so far South you could end up spending A LOT of time driving. The city offers more opportunities for mass transit. The MetroLink is slowly expanding, and usage should increase significantly when some major highway construction starts.

Level Contributor
3,053 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  What's this?
Save Reply
4. Re: thinking of moving to mo

We're sorry, but this topic has wandered into non-travel-related subject matter, so we've closed it to any further posts. To continue this discussion, TripAdvisor invites you to use our Off-Topic forum:

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i9659-Off_topic…

Please note that Off-topic Chatter is a forum for discussions gone afield from the topic of travel. The Off-Topic chatters forum is un-moderated, each user is expected to take responsibility for his or her own conduct.