We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which would be better?

Porter, Indiana
Level Contributor
42 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
which would be better?

I have been researched for some time now trying to decide the "ideal" place to stay when visiting St. Louis at the end of March. I want an indoor pool for my kids, so that narrowed down the field a little. What do you experts think about these and is it best to stay downtown by the arch area or by Union Station OR more by Forest Park/Clayton area?

Hotels narrowed down to: Millennium, Adam's Mark, Drury Plaza, Embassy Suites downtown, Hampton- Union Station, or Pavilion downtown?

Is it better to contact hotels directly to make a reservation and find out about deals and packages, or should I go thru an internet site like expedia.com? Thank you!

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
161 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which would be better?

My picks would be the Drury Plaza or the Millennium. Also Check to see if the Sheraton City Center has an indoor pool. IMHO, its best to book directly with the hotel. Check to hotel's own website for internet only deals. If you see a great deal on a secondary site, it won't hurt to call the hotel and ask for it. Avoid pre-paying more than 2 weeks in advance and read the cancellation policy carefully. Carry a printout of the confirmed reservation and what is included such as type of bed, special packages, breakfasts, late check out, etc. You may need to show this to get it.

Happy Travels!

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,535 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which would be better?

I'm not too sure about the Adam's Mark. The Drury Plaza I would highly recommend staying at. The Sheraton City Center is another possibility. There is another Hampton Inn downtown that is a lot nicer than the Union Station location that you mention. It is located across the street from the Arch on Washington Avenue. In summary, the hotels that I would recommend are the Drury Plaza, Sheraton City Center, and the Hampton Inn Downtown at the Arch. All three have indoor pools and are ideally located downtown within walking distance to major attractions such as the Arch. The Hampton Inn and the Drury Plaza both serve a free breakfast each morning, which is an added bonus. Hope this helps.