We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nearby Attractions - Within 4 hours drive

Singapore
Level Contributor
19 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
Nearby Attractions - Within 4 hours drive

Hi everyone!

I am from Singapore. Would be visiting St Louis in the next couple of weeks.

My friends and I have rented a car. We were wondering, if there is any attractions where we could drive to? Perhaps like within 4 hours on the road?

Anyone knows where I could find more resource?

Thanks so much!

Mentioned in this post
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
534 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nearby Attractions - Within 4 hours drive

There are lots of things. What are some of your interests?

Singapore
Level Contributor
19 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nearby Attractions - Within 4 hours drive

Hi,

Actually I have no idea what to look for. But generally interested in places of interest and landmark (good view etc etc).

Something you just got to see?

Its all very vague, but hope it clarifies.

By the way, I meant places where you really need to drive to get there. I have found website that shows St Charles and St Louis downtown area. Just wanna know if there is some places slighty further away which are interesting.

Thanks in advance!

Mentioned in this post
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
9,261 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nearby Attractions - Within 4 hours drive

If you are interested in US history, you could drive to Springfield IL and see Abe Lincoln's home and spend some time (minimum of half-day) at the Abe Lincoln Presidential Museum - it is amazing! Springfield is about a 1 1/2 hr to 2 hr drive from St. Louis.

Mentioned in this post
Lincoln
Lincoln
Nebraska
St. Louis
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
2,938 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nearby Attractions - Within 4 hours drive

Springfield is an excellent suggestion. Since you've opened up to a 4-hour drive, you can also look into Kansas City or Branson as a destination. Both have an extensive Trip Advisor site.

The Day Trips article on Trip Advisor has lots of ideas for trips. Here is a link:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g44881-s407/Saint-Lou…

In my mind, the next two most noteworthy destinations would be Hannibal, home of Mark Twain and the setting for his most famous books, and an Elephant Rocks / Ste. Genvieve route. Ste. Genevieve is the oldest European settlement west of the Mississippi.

Mentioned in this post
Branson
Branson
Missouri
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
54 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nearby Attractions - Within 4 hours drive

City Museum downtown. Definitely nothing like it!

Mentioned in this post
City Museum
City Museum
5,613 Reviews
Saint Louis, MO
Barnhart
Level Contributor
605 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nearby Attractions - Within 4 hours drive

Memphis, Kansas City, and Indianapolis are all about 4 hours. Nashville and Chicago are another hour.

Mentioned in this post
Memphis
Memphis
Tennessee
Nashville
Nashville
Davidson County, TN
Chicago
Chicago
Illinois
7. Re: Nearby Attractions - Within 4 hours drive

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 24, 2010