We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 days in Downtown St. Louis

Which Saint Louis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Indianapolis
Level Contributor
37 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
3 days in Downtown St. Louis

A good fraternity brother and I are meeting in St. Louis Aug. 17- 19. We want to stay DT. We have a suite for the Thurs. nights game and would like to stay somewhat close to Busch Std. We are also looking for some great night life for after the game and on Wed. night. We love good food also. We are both 43. What hotels would anyone recommend and not recommend. will pay $150 - $200 night. We both love to have a good time and have not seen each other in several years. Any help with hotels and DT nightlife would be appreciated. We alos want to play golf on Thur. Any suggestions on GREAT courses would be a help also. I have played Missouri Bluffs before. Looking for something in that class.

Thanks,

"Jibby"

Joplin, Missouri
8 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: 3 days in Downtown St. Louis

I was just in downtown St. Louis yesterday and the only hotel I know of across from the Radisson on 4th street is the HILTON. I know of no Sheraton hotel across from Radisson. But, the Hilton is in a beautifully restored building and justg opened.

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
16 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: 3 days in Downtown St. Louis

You are absolutely correct. My mistake. Not sure how I came up with the Sheraton. It is the Hilton. I had lunch there a month ago and it was really good. It is right next to my office.

I must be getting old.....

Joplin, Missouri
8 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: 3 days in Downtown St. Louis

No problem, I do that all the time. I only knew that it was a Hilton because I was there, but I do not live in St. Louis (although I wish I did). Do you know what they are doing with the old Stix Baer & Fuller store? I heard someone may re-open the building. Have you heard anything?

Level Contributor
588 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: 3 days in Downtown St. Louis

Yeah, the hilton just opened up early Spring. Still not used to it being there =)!

Clients of mine are involved in a lot of the downtown renovation andhave heard rumors about that bulding for years. Once not worth the time of day... hot deal now that all of those dilapidated buildings are being renovated into fabulous hotels. Will be a fun one to watch! THey want to rework a lot of the buildings around there spread all the way to St Louis Centre, which we ALL know needs SERIOUS help!

If interested in that stuff, you may find the following site extremely interesting! THis site references all of the pending dowtown development, some history, and cost. I am a real estate nerd so I eat this stuff up!!

stlcin.missouri.org/devprojects/index.cfm

st. louis
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: 3 days in Downtown St. Louis

You may want to check out the new Hilton or the Renaissance or Renaissance Suites.

In addition to all of the other places mentioned.... Lucas Park Grille and Kitchen K on Washington Ave. are fun places to go for a drink,

After the game Mike Shannon's across from the ballpark can be a lot of fun. You may also want to try Patty O's behind Busch Stadium for a beer before or after the game, it is usually packed! Charlie Gitto's is a good spot to try out for good italian food downtown, very authentic place!

st. louis
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: 3 days in Downtown St. Louis

Also, in response to downtown not being safe...I have never felt safer downtown, it is really picking up, there are people out walking around all the time! So, don't worry about downtown!!

17. Re: 3 days in Downtown St. Louis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 pm, May 13, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Saint Louis