We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

May 2013

San Diego
Level Contributor
17 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
May 2013

Mom & I are heading there in 1 1/2 weeks and we hope it isnt flooding. Any info on the weather is appreciated.

Also whats to do? Im thinking of doing the roasterie factory tour and maybe the taste of kansas city food tour. anything else?

Mom is 79 ~

kat

3 replies to this topic
Apple Valley...
Level Contributor
798 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: May 2013

The Roasterie Factory tour is definitely interesting. There is only 1 tour on Saturday mornings so FYI.

It depends on your interests and the amount of time you may have in KC. Obviously shopping on the Plaza is a major attraction but also a nice walk for a stroll along the creek or fountains and people watch. Crown Center is also another nice area with a Hallmark Visitors Center, Union Station and across from the WW1 Liberty Memorial and Museum. The Memorial offers nice views of the downtown skyline.

There is the 18th & Vine Jazz District and also the Negro League Baseball Museum.

I have not done the food tour so I cannot speak to it specifically, but KC is known for its BBQ. Boulevard Brewery also does tours I believe. Also some wineries and vineyards not too far.

For more history nearby suburb of Independence, MO is the President Truman Library and Museum. A bit of a drive out of the city are Powell Gardens.

I am not local to KC anymore but I do not see any news online regarding any flooding.

Apple Valley...
Level Contributor
798 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: May 2013

I totally forgot the Nelson-Atkins Art Museum as an option as well! Silly me! It is near the Country Club Plaza area as well.

KCK
Level Contributor
867 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: May 2013

No flooding in KC, weather should be pretty good in a week or so. How active is your Mom? Anything she really likes?

Reply to: May 2013
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about North Kansas City
Recent Conversations