We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kauffman Center--dress code?

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
142 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Kauffman Center--dress code?

My friends and I are attending the Jake Shimabukuro (ukulele player from Hawaii) show in November. We were wondering what what to wear. How dressed up do we need to be for a show here? Will we be out of place in nice jeans?

Thank you in advance for any help!!

Blue Springs...
Level Contributor
621 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kauffman Center--dress code?

Being the cowboy town that we are Kansas City dress in everything from jeans to evening wear.

You will be fine in what is comfortable to you.

The weather usually dictates what I wear.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
142 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kauffman Center--dress code?

Thank you! That makes me feel better!

Saint Joseph...
Level Contributor
2,552 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Kauffman Center--dress code?

I think the event supercedes the venue ...... ie. Jimmy Buffet concert at Carnegie Hall!! Haha ......

The K Center is a new, awesome place and folks will get pretty dressed up for many events held there. But, if I'm going to a Hawaiian ukulele concert ...... I think I'm dressing towards that theme ........ or Jeans & a Sweater are always good.

Have Fun!

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
142 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kauffman Center--dress code?

Thanks PLTAG! Jake is amazing and we can't wait for the show!

Kansas City
Level Contributor
416 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kauffman Center--dress code?

I have been to numerous concerts, operas, and symphonic performances at Kauffman and have never worn anything other than a nice pair of jeans and a nice shirt. Not once have I felt out of place. I'll be seeing Jake Shimabukuro that night as well and can't wait. It will be amazing for sure.

However, you might want to keep in mind that there is a performance in the Muriel Kauffman Theatre that night as well as Jake at Helzberg. That means free street parking will be a little harder to locate. Allow a little extra time even if you decide to pay and park in the garage.

6. Re: Kauffman Center--dress code?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, November 15, 2014