We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

guys trip to chiefs game

Which Kansas City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
124 posts
1 review
Save Topic
guys trip to chiefs game

going to the chiefs browns game in october with my friend. i am from ny he is from boston. Just want to get an idea of where we should stay? should we stay right by stadium? or is there a fun bar area that we should stay at? also are there any tailgating packages that we could look for or get involved with since i plan on not renting a car but we would obviously love to tailgate. thanks for any and all help

Apple Valley...
Level Contributor
685 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: guys trip to chiefs game

I would probably stay downtown near the Power & Light District for nightlife and entertainment.

Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
124 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: guys trip to chiefs game

thanks. any recommendations on hotels? also does anyone know of any chiefs tailgating deals or packages? how much would a cab be to the game from the P and L district

Kansas City...
Destination Expert
for Kansas City
Level Contributor
529 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: guys trip to chiefs game

Westport is another good option, the restaurants and bars are more local while P and L is more chain type places.

Apple Valley...
Level Contributor
685 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: guys trip to chiefs game

I like the Hilton President in the P & L. I have stayed there several times. Maybe the Q Hotel in Westport but I have no first hand knowledge of it. Check the review here on TA possibly but both are walking distance to their respective areas and both are historic hotels I believe.

Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
124 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: guys trip to chiefs game

Cool thanks for the advice. Those areas are fairly safe I assume? Also anyone have any info on tailgates? Usually for giants games we go in a car and que and such but I would rather not rent a car so was wondering if there are any tailgate deals or something maybe that a bar does or something

Olathe, KS
Level Contributor
62 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: guys trip to chiefs game

Staying options

Downtown - Marriott, Crown Center, Hotel Philips etc....

I am Marriott points guy so I have stayed at most of the Marriott properties so I can speak about those places.

Marriott downtown is ok in terms of Marriott properties. Location is great since you can walk to local bars like the Peanut & Quaff as well as walk to the Power & Light chain bars. They probably have a shuttle that will take you to plaza/Westport area too and knuckleheads has a shuttle to take you to their music place.

Plaza/Westport Hotels

Marriott, Courtyard & Residence Inn (All in or near the Plaza, but the plaza is very close to Westport)

All 3 are nice the Courtyard is newest and nicest in my opinion, but residence inn had a great breakfast.

Marriott is just outside of the plaza, but close to cool bar with live music the Levee.

Chiefs Game

I'm not aware of any bars that shuttle people to games (Strange because most NFL towns will have several that will) There is a bus service provided from different parts of town look at the KC Chiefs website and transportation link - there is a stop in Westport near Q hotel - which I have heard is nice now (It was not very nice years ago when I stayed there).

I have never noticed any food or beers available for sale at arrowhead - if your wearing chiefs gear you can probably talk your way into several parties - if it's bronco's gear you could perhaps join in with those degenerates.

If I'm flying all the way KC - then I would rent a car for a day $50 - and buy a little disposable cooler, small grill and your meat of choice. Show up right when the gates open and go up top and park on the grassy hill overlooking arrowhead or spring for a gold parking pass etc... Drink before the game starts then sober up at half and you'll be ready to drive back by 4 pm.

7. Re: guys trip to chiefs game

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 25, 2014