We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Plaza or Power and Light District

springfield, mo
Level Contributor
381 posts
114 reviews
Save Topic
Plaza or Power and Light District

We are coming to KC for our wedding anniversary the first weekend in November. We have stayed in the Plaza area and love it and I have stayed at the Power and Light District for a concert. My question is which is better if you are looking for food/bars and a little shopping? Shopping would not be the priority, but it would be on the list. How far is the power and light district from the plaza? I just don't want to keep repeating the same things to do.

Kansas City, MO
Level Contributor
253 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Plaza or Power and Light District

I prefer the Plaza to Power and Light. The Plaza offers better dining and shopping and you can always take a cab to the P&L if you want to go to that area. They are about thirty blocks from each other, so not that far.

Also check out Westport and the Crossroads area for dining.

Some great restaurants:

Le Fou Frog

Affaire

Michael Smith's

Extra Virgin

The Jacobson

The Rieger Hotel and Exchange

JJ's

Starker's Reserve

Some great places for cocktails:

Manifesto (you'll need a reservation a few days in advance)

Garment House

Flying Saucer

Cigar Box

Harry's Bar and Tables

Level Contributor
549 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Plaza or Power and Light District

I agree - there seem to be more options readily available at the Plaza and if you decide to try Power & Light you can take a cab. You are about 4 to 4 1/2 miles away from P&L if you stay in the Plaza area (about 12-15 min drive).

Hope this helps!

Enjoy your visit to Kansas City.

Sandy

Kansas City
Level Contributor
118 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Plaza or Power and Light District

Power & Light has a number of restaraunts and bars in a compact few block area. Shopping, not so much. Power & Light also attracts a younger crowd, more folks in their 20s. Poster 1 provided an excellent list of restaurants and bars. I agree with both of the previous posters and would choose the Plaza again.

4. Re: Plaza or Power and Light District

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 pm, December 14, 2013