We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying near airport, looking for quiet romantic eats/pub,,,

Which Kansas City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
St. Louis, Mo.
Level Contributor
37 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Staying near airport, looking for quiet romantic eats/pub,,,

Hello All, I will be staying near the airport and having a first meet with a lady (also staying in airport area) I would like to find something relatively calm near our hotels to enjoy some drink, good eats and conversation. Ive been to K.C. before and really don't want to do the weekend excess of the downtown area, any ideas would be welcome, thanks!

Salem, New Hampshire
Level Contributor
794 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying near airport, looking for quiet romantic eats/pub,,,

You might look around the Zona Rosa area - lots of choices there, albeit mostly chains. Or for something really special, drive over to the Justus Drugstore near Smithville Lake. It's not that far from the airport. This is a fabulous independent restaurant requiring advance reservations for the main dining room. If you want to "wing it" they have a nice patio with a scaled down menu. They make all their own condiments and use lots of local ingredients. Their sangria is the best I've ever had.

Kansas City, MO
Level Contributor
253 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying near airport, looking for quiet romantic eats/pub,,,

Justus Drugstore is not only one of the best restaurants in the KC area, it's one of the best restaurants in the country. It's nominated nearly every year for the James Beard award.

I'd also give Piropo's or Trezo Mare consideration. They are close to the airport and locally owned.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
120 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying near airport, looking for quiet romantic eats/pub,,,

Yes Justus is awesome but bear in mind it would not be cheap!

Try the lovely fine dining restaurants in the historic city of Weston, MO as well. Avalon is a good one to go to.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
120 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Staying near airport, looking for quiet romantic eats/pub,,,

Shield manor bistro in Platte City. Fine dining establishment near the airport.

Vineyards Restaurant in Weston, MO. About 15 minutes drive from the airport.

5. Re: Staying near airport, looking for quiet romantic eats/pub,,,

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, September 27, 2013