We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants in Kansas City, MO

Gladstone, MO
Level Contributor
272 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants in Kansas City, MO

We are planning on celebrating our "50" anniversary and my birthday (same day) next month. I have a list (see below) of some of the names that we might check out. If you have been to any of these restaurants, would you give me your opinion pro/con. Also if you can think of another restaurant not on this list, please let me know this too. We live in Gladstone, not far from the airport. Here is the list:

Starkers, Seasons 52, Ruth Chris Steak House, Plaza III, The Melting Pot, McCormick & Schmidts, 810 Zone, Gran & Dunn, Zocolo Mexican, Brio Tuscon, Piropas, Trezo Mare

Gladstone, MO
Level Contributor
272 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Restaurants in Kansas City, MO

Thank you "everyone" for your responses. I "think" I have it down to 3 restaurants now. The time is getting short as we will do this on the 18th.

At this time, I'm thinking of Brio Tuscan, Piropo's, and Pierponts at Union Station.

I think they all have something special for us to look forward to, but I'm thinking of "price," no more than $40 or less a piece, atmosphere, and "food." We like steaks/seafood/pasta, so I think all of these would work.

If you have any last minutes pros/cons, please let me know. I will let you know what I decide.

Salem, New Hampshire
Level Contributor
794 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Restaurants in Kansas City, MO

My order of preference for a "special" experience would be Piropo's, Pierpont's, and then Brio.

I haven't eaten at any of them in the last six months but I've had many a meal at Brio's and its sister restaurant Bravo at Town Center. I find both locations to have a loud vibe. Pierpont's will be a little more...refined, if you will. Trying not to sound like a snob but I like quiet fine dining. I haven't been to Piropo's in a long time. Depending on the size of your group, Pierpont's has a room downstairs that would give your group some privacy.

Gladstone, MO
Level Contributor
272 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Restaurants in Kansas City, MO

Thank you for getting back with me in regard to "your" preference of these restaurants. I will certainly keep what you mentioned in mine.

My son was talking with me last night and I mentioned these to him. He said, "Mom pick which ever one you want, and we will be happy, as long as we are with you." I thought that was very sweet, as my other sons have said the same thing, but I'm the type of person that wants to please "everyone else" too.

Gladstone, MO
Level Contributor
272 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Restaurants in Kansas City, MO

I was just re reading replies to my question.

The American Restaurant was mentioned. I could be wrong, but I think it has closed to the public, and has become a "private club." I think it was one like the Peppercorn Duck Club which we loved, that has now become a private club.

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City, Kansas
Level Contributor
4,637 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Restaurants in Kansas City, MO

brneyes5925, you are confusing it with Skies, the revolving restaurant which was in the same hotel as the Peppercorn Duck Club.

We had a bad experience last year at the American Restaurant. We went during Kansas City Restaurant Week and when the server learned that we weren't spending a lot of money, he pretty much abandoned us.

Edited: 8:58 am, February 08, 2012
Gladstone, MO
Level Contributor
272 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Restaurants in Kansas City, MO

Sorry, yes you are right. I just found that out. I'm glad you told me about your experience, as I had "thought" about that restaurant also.

Gladstone, MO
Level Contributor
272 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Restaurants in Kansas City, MO

OK, I'm down to Piropos and Pierponts restaurants.

I don't know if you can add or take anything away from what has already been said, but if you want to add a "last minute" idea, please do.

Also, would one be priced more than the other? In otherwords, is paying a little more for "possibly" Piropos instead of Pierponts, would that be a good deal? My main thing is the food and then....atmosphere. We are steak (prime rib)/fish/pasta people, sort of in that order.

Gladstone, MO
Level Contributor
272 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Restaurants in Kansas City, MO

Hello everyone, thank you once again for "responding" to my question.

I had mentioned that it looked like we were going to Pierpont's at the Union Station, but that fizzled out because of the 'time slot" we had to use, so we went to Piropos at Briar Cliff. It was a great evening celebrating my birthday, as well as our "50th" anniversary. I plan to do a restaurant review on Trip Advisor sometime this week.

Everyone have a great week.

Brend

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City, Kansas
Level Contributor
4,637 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Restaurants in Kansas City, MO

I'm glad that you had a nice celebration!

20. Re: Restaurants in Kansas City, MO

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:32 am, March 14, 2013