We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holidays in KC

minneapolis
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis, Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,164 posts
193 reviews
Save Topic
Holidays in KC

I'll be spending Christmas in KC this year and am stumped, here's the dilemma. I usually gift my family with an experience - theater, sporting event, fine dining, etc. However, I'm SHOCKED at the exorbitant prices the Rep is charging for A Christmas Carol! They're 30-50% more than our world-famous Guthrie Theater production.

Ok, aside from the complaining, I'd really like to share a great KC experience with them. Any thoughts? I am no longer familiar with KC and would love to hear about any great attractions or productions they might enjoy. Oh, and I do like to do it on Christmas eve if possible - the only day all of us are in town before the 25th.

Please help!

Kansas City...
Destination Expert
for Kansas City
Level Contributor
557 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holidays in KC

Maybe you could do a carriage ride or helicopter on the Plaza or a nice 5 course meal at Blue Stem

KCK
Level Contributor
867 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holidays in KC

www.qualityhillplayhouse.com/Season/Show.asp…

Salem, New Hampshire
Level Contributor
794 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holidays in KC

I must say that the Rep's version of A Christmas Carol is fantastic and worth every penny. Be alert for discounted tickets.

Quality Hill Playhouse is a very good option.

Michelle

minneapolis
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,164 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holidays in KC

I really like the idea of the carriage ride, haven't seen CC Plaza in a long time. Unfortunately, Quality Playhouse doesn't have performances while we're there. And I'm sure it's a great production, A Christmas Carol always is. However I can't afford tickets that exhorbitantly priced. That's what I'd expect to pay for a Broadway show, not a local theater.

Lees Summit
Level Contributor
23 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holidays in KC

The New Theatre Restaurant is always a fun experience. I have never had a bad meal there and the shows are consistently great.

minneapolis
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,164 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holidays in KC

Thanks everyone for your advice. I'm not sure if it's the email I sent to the theater or mchall6252 hit it right on the head, but I just got an email for discount rep tickets. Just ordered my Christmas Carol tix and the person I spoke with suggested others may have had the same sentiment.

Call their box office and request the Any Time Package - 6 tix for a GREAT price you can use any way at any time. Very excited, saved more than 50%!

7. Re: Holidays in KC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, November 12, 2012