We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Plaza Hotels

Which Kansas City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Des Moines
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
Plaza Hotels

Planning on making a trip down to K.C. on Thanksgiving Eve. for the annual Christmas lighting show that night. Looking for some hotel ideas in the Plaza area. Will be bringing our 6 and 8yr. old children so would be interested in something with a nice pool. I am aware of Great Wolf Lodge but anticipating it being booked for that special night. Thanks....

Salem, New Hampshire
Level Contributor
794 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Plaza Hotels

My guess is that all the hotels in the Plaza area are already booked, probably months ago. Great Wolf Lodge is not near the Plaza, and might be a good optionn but you'll have about a half hour drive to get to the lighting show, which is traditionally on Thanksgiving night.

You might try the Holiday Inn near the stadium which also has an indoor water park and will be about 20 minutes to the Plaza.

Some hotels in the Plaza area include Marriott, Raphael, Sheraton Suites, Intercontinental, Embassy Suites, Residence Inn, Westin at Crown Center and Hyatt Regency at Crown Center. Crown Center will have some fun activities for kids and Union Station has a neat train display.

Michelle

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City, Kansas
Level Contributor
4,500 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Plaza Hotels

The drive from Great Wolf wouldn't be bad. Should take 20 minutes or less. I just checked their web site and they have a variety of rooms available.

3. Re: Plaza Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, November 10, 2012