We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to visit within 3 hour drive of Kasas City MO

St. Pete Beach...
Level Contributor
31 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Best place to visit within 3 hour drive of Kasas City MO

Hello, we will be visiting Kasas City in early September and would like a scenic drive to the Ozarks or anywhere within 3 hours or so of Kasas City...any recommendations? We like Lakes, Mountains, Forests, Scenic Drives...

Salem, New Hampshire
Level Contributor
794 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place to visit within 3 hour drive of Kasas City MO

I recommend you head to the Lake of the Ozarks area. You can check Mapquest for a route that suits your desire for more scenic routes. You should end up on Rt 54 west to get to the lake area. You might also map a route that takes you to California, MO, where Burger Smokehouse is a great place to grab a ham sandwich and some locally smoked bacon...really, really good bacon!

Michelle

St. Pete Beach...
Level Contributor
31 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place to visit within 3 hour drive of Kasas City MO

Thank you Michelle. I am trying to look it up on my AAA map ...in that region the book lists Osage beach, Warsaw,Linn Creek, Camdenton...are any of these nicer than the other to stay the night?

KCK
Level Contributor
867 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place to visit within 3 hour drive of Kasas City MO

If heading to Lake of the Ozarks, I would say you should stay in Osage Beach. Get something on the water, make sure and visit Lake of the Ozarks State Park and don't miss Ha Ha Tonka. If you like wine at all you should stop at Casa De Loco winery and Seven Springs. Both have great settings.

mostateparks.com/park/ha-ha-tonka-state-park

mostateparks.com/park/lake-ozarks-state-park

http://www.casadelocowinery.com/

http://www.sevenspringswinery.com/

St. Pete Beach...
Level Contributor
31 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place to visit within 3 hour drive of Kasas City MO

I just glimpsed at the links you sent...THANKS SO MUCH!!! the accomodations at the winery sounded romantic and may become an alternative if I don't find something at the beach that we might like. I really appreciate your input. My husband will be performing at the Kansas City Irish Festival Labor day weekend so we decided to add a few days to explore the region, this sound just perfect!

KCK
Level Contributor
867 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best place to visit within 3 hour drive of Kasas City MO

I think it would a lot of fun to stay at Casa De Loco. Nice people and gorgeous surroundings. (wine is pretty good too, actually it is mostly wine they make from their California vineyards) Plus you are close to the State Park and Ha Ha Tonka.

St. Pete Beach...
Level Contributor
31 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best place to visit within 3 hour drive of Kasas City MO

Many thanks, will explore this possibility further :)

Wichita, Kansas
Level Contributor
72 posts
268 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best place to visit within 3 hour drive of Kasas City MO

If you like Musseums come down to Wichita Ks., about 3 1/2 hrs from Kansas city. We have:

www.worldtreasures.org/

www.exploration.org/

www.oldcowtown.org/

we also have:

www.botanica.org/

and the Zoo

www.scz.org/

hope it helps.

lots of fine dinning...

8. Re: Best place to visit within 3 hour drive of Kasas City MO

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 pm, October 02, 2012