We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights from Quebec to Kansas City

Grandview, Missouri
Level Contributor
3 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Flights from Quebec to Kansas City

We are taking a cruise out of Boston in July 2018 that ends in Quebec so we will have to get a 1 way flight from Quebec to Kansas City. Even though it's still 9 months out, I was doing some looking at flights since I have not traveled out of the country before and we could not be able to take our usual choice of Southwest. What I found was a listing of pretty bad flight choices on Skyscanner that are expensive with only 2 flights on the day we go home that had only 1 stop. All the rest of the flights had 2+ stops and terrible take off or landing times. I am having a strong urge to go ahead and book a flight while there is availability, but they would be non-refundable. Having only 2 available decent flights to KC makes me very nervous to wait. Does anyone know if flights are added as time goes by? I would think that these airlines pretty much know what the demand will be, but our family is going with us on this trip and my daughter/son-in-law want to wait until a few months out to book and my son/daughter-in-law live in Boston and they have 34 flight choices with only 1 stop to our measly 2 flight choices. I need some advice on whether to wait and hope the only 2 flights that work for us are still available and don't cost even more, or book now. Thanks.

6 replies to this topic
USA
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
1,543 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights from Quebec to Kansas City

Flights will almost certainly NOT be added. Airlines handle month-to-month demand fluctuations by changing pricing, not adding or removing flights once schedules are published. KC can be kind of difficult to get to for a larger city and Quebec isn't exactly a hotbed of choices either.

I assume the one-stop flight you found was on Air Canada on both legs? I can't help you much here, but do want to point out that the Air Canada flight (if I'm remembering correctly) between Quebec and Toronto is on a Dash-8 (propeller) plane that MAY - I'm not sure here - have different carry-on or checked bag restrictions. So just be careful if you have a lot of cruise luggage.

In cases like this - I've been on quite a few, especially to the Caribbean - sometimes I just build an extra day in my schedule, fly to a major city (NYC? Boston?) and hang out for a day, and then fly home the next day. Not always the most desirable way to end a vacation...but neither is flying multiple legs and getting home super late. Might be worth looking into?

Edited: 9:41 am, October 25, 2017
Grandview, Missouri
Level Contributor
3 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights from Quebec to Kansas City

Thank you.....yes this is Air Canada and the first leg of this trip will be on a propeller plane. I will check and see what the luggage limits will be since I did not think of that!

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City, Kansas
Level Contributor
5,237 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights from Quebec to Kansas City

With that being so far out, there will almost certainly be changes made to the flights between now and then. If you book and they airline makes which changes are substantial, you can make the air carrier cancel for free, to take advantage of better options or lower prices if they have opened up.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
1,263 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights from Quebec to Kansas City

A quick search resulted in the noted two flights per day with one stop at $200-$300. 10 minutes of my life wasted. Book the flights. The endearment for Southwest is without merit.

Grandview, Missouri
Level Contributor
3 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flights from Quebec to Kansas City

I already booked flights for this trip a few weeks ago. I consulted with the travel agent for our cruise and she said to do it and I'm glad we did. Thanks

Kansas City...
Destination Expert
for Kansas City
Level Contributor
627 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flights from Quebec to Kansas City

What about doing a one way car rental from Quebec to Boston. Doing a quick search its only about about 200 bucks for an SUV. I have done the Quebec to Boston Drive and it wasn't bad. Then you can fly out of boston and your son/daughter in law wouldn't have to pay for a flight and you could fly non stop out of boston and it will probably be much cheaper

Reply to: Flights from Quebec to Kansas City
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted