We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quicker Paracas Tour

Which Paracas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ontario
Level Contributor
122 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Quicker Paracas Tour

Most tours I have seen are pretty much an all day afair to the Ballastas Islands. Is there a quicker way to get back after the 8:00am tour. The first Cruz Del Sur bus does not leave until 2:30 pm and so I will have to waite around for 4-1/2 hours.

I guess I could just rent a car but the traffic kind of scares me. If I can drive in the Middle East, I could probably drive anywhere.

Cusco, Peru
Level Contributor
339 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quicker Paracas Tour

Hi. Get your transfer or a taxi to drop you back at the " Pisco Cruce" basically the crossroads on the Panamericana from where there are numerous frequent buses to Lima. Go into the Soyuz bus company office there and buy your ticket for 22 soles.

Be extra careful on these buses, have any hand luggage on your knee as they have a reputation for people stealing it if above your head or under your feet, they even hand out a slip of paper on the bus to warn you. Takes 4 hrs. Far easier than driving.

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
3,908 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quicker Paracas Tour

You could take the 10:am tour and have lunch in Paracas and leave with the 2:30pm bus.

Ica, Peru
Level Contributor
920 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quicker Paracas Tour

be careful, the 10:00 AM tour is not always offered. in fact if there arent enough tourists in paracas at the time, it will be cancelled. the 8:00 am tour is always more likely to be offered.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
146 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quicker Paracas Tour

My family and I went to Paracas in August, spent one night in order to tour the islands in the morning. However, the navy grounded all boats due to rough water conditions, so we never made it out. something to think about, if you are making the trip only to do the boat tour of the islands.

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
3,908 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Quicker Paracas Tour

What a pity, it is a beautiful tour.

I went on March at 08:30am and it was great and then last October at 10:00am and it was fine.

Ontario
Level Contributor
122 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Quicker Paracas Tour

I e-mailed Cruz Del Sur and they said that there is an 11:00am bus that leaves from Paracus to Lima. All you have to do is choose the 10:00am Ica-Lima route and change the departure on the customer information page to Paracus when reserving the ticket on-line. This is awesome as I will still have time to do some site seeing when I get back to Lima.

Why do the tours cost around $150 when I can do it for a third of that cost.

7. Re: Quicker Paracas Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 pm, October 27, 2012