We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best location in sayulita?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
portland
1 post
Save Topic
best location in sayulita?

I am planning a trip to sayulita in february or march. This is my first time going there. I have been looking at rentals there and noticed that they are in either NORTH, CENTRAL, SOUTH, or GRINGO HILL. Which is the best location to rent in? I know it's a small town, and everything is fairly close, but just wondering if there is a "best location" in Sayulita. Thanks!!

washington
Level Contributor
187 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best location in sayulita?

Hi Katie,

It is hard to define best location since it all depends on what you want to do. Have you looked into vacation map in sayulitadotcom? It helps visualize all the locations better.

If you like all the action, stay near main beach (south side) where famous Villa Amor is. This beach is fun and filled with people and restaurants. It is also popular for surfing. Downtown is only one block away. This is where you go shopping and dining. If you stay in this area, everything is in walking distance, super convenient.

If you like quiet place, you might want to check out home rentals that have bay view or access to their own private beaches (not the main one). Look into sayulitalifedotcom for good rentals. I rent one from this website and very satisfied. Staff was nice and reliable.

For beach resorts, I would recommend Playa Escondida or Haramara Retreat. Their secluded beaches were gorgeous and sunset was spectacular.

Portland, OR
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: best location in sayulita?

I would advise not to stay on Gringo Hill because it will be a trek every day walking to and from town with groceries etc (unless you are going to rent a car...). It is best to write to the rental agency and ask specifics. Usually they are all very helpful. I would also suggest to not rent from Papas Travel Reservations, they are not very friendly. You are going to love Sayulita!

3. Re: best location in sayulita?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:27 am, August 21, 2009