We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tipping taxi driver's

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Tipping taxi driver's

Wondered what the rate is for tipping taxi driver's from airport to Sayulita, there will be 3 adults and 1 infant and the driver will be stopping at grocery store so we can pick up some items for the week.

Thanks for any help on this subject :)

Dorinda

Sayulita
Destination Expert
for Sayulita
Level Contributor
631 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tipping taxi driver's

I would suggest 10% of the fare that he charges.

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
9,191 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tipping taxi driver's

Tip is included in taxi fares unless the driver does some special service that you want to recognize. There are a few differences in tipping customs. For example at home I tip taxis but not gas station attendants. There it is the opposite. tripadvisor.ca/Travel-g150768-s606/Mexico:Ti…

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
9,191 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tipping taxi driver's

Thinking a bit more about your question: The official airport taxi is expensive. More than double a local taxi.I would be more inclined to take that official taxi to the closest shopping, say WalMart and having one of your party sit with your luggage while the others shop. That means taking a local taxi the remainder of the distance. Either taxi fare will be inclusive of tips unless you decide otherwise.

Alberta
Level Contributor
1,024 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tipping taxi driver's

I would recommend hiring a private transfer. It's generally betwen $100 and $130 return trip, plus they will stop in Bucarias for some groceries. Regardless, I tip $10 to $15 each way. Check on saulitalife.com for contacts.

Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Tipping taxi driver's

Thanks for responding to my question it was so helpful, just 2 and 1/2 weeks for our first visit to Sayulita and we can't wait

6. Re: Tipping taxi driver's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:21 am, March 01, 2015