We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations for car for hire from PV airport?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Seattle, Washington
3 posts
Save Topic
Recommendations for car for hire from PV airport?

We are excited to visit Sayulita for the first time in a couple weeks. I am looking for a recommendation on where to reserve a SUV pick up from the PV airport? We have a group of 5 of us, and this seems to be the best solution for our size. I keep finding references to doing so, but haven't seen any specific companies or websites to reference. Any info would be appreciated! Thank you!

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,781 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendations for car for hire from PV airport?

No need to prebook transportation. Taxi vans are cheaper and easy to get. See the FAQ's in the upper right of the PV forum page about airport and taxi info. They all have A/C and are new models.

Sayulita
Destination Expert
for Sayulita
Level Contributor
631 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommendations for car for hire from PV airport?

If you do book a taxi SUV in advance, a couple of benefits come to mind: (1) you can stop at a major grocery store on the way to Sayulita to stock up with necessities if you feel you need to; (2) if you ask, they will have cold beer and cold bottled water for your tired, thirsty family; (3) they will know exactly where you are staying and can take you there without fear of getting lost without proper directions to the rental property. My recommendation is Tours Bahia de Sayulita. We use them frequently, and many of our guests also use them. Here's their website: http://sayulitalife.com/ramos-taxi

If you book with them, ask for a confirmation. If you don't, they probably won't confirm and you'll be left wondering if they received the email and booking. To find them at the airport: you'll see them as you enter the main part of the terminal (after going through a horde of people trying to get you to take their taxi, buy a timeshare, etc). The driver will be holding a sign with your name on it. Super easy. The one-way cost to Sayulita is, I believe, $80US (maybe $90) and round-trip is $130US.

Sayulita
Destination Expert
for Sayulita
Level Contributor
606 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommendations for car for hire from PV airport?

I agree wholeheartedly with Toes in Sand. With a group of five you'll really appreciate the included stop at the Mega supermarket so that you're able to arrive at your accommodations fully prepared. The stop will also give you an opportunity to withdraw pesos from the ATM at the entrance to the Banamex bank which is right next to the Mega entrance. I find it doubtful that you'll save any money using the airport taxis, especially during the peak season. Even in the off season I still use Tours Bahia, after a long flight the last thing I want to do is haggle with a taxi driver in attempt to save 5 bucks, I just want to climb into the Surburban of any one of their wonderful drivers, confident that they know exactly where I'm going and that they'll get me there in a professional and friendly manner.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
40,253 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommendations for car for hire from PV airport?

We also used the company that the two Sayulita residents recommend - they were prompt, kind and provided the service exactly as needed. I would use them again in a heart beat! :)

Appleton, WI
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommendations for car for hire from PV airport?

We used Jose Ramos out of Sayulita. I made the reservation about 8 weeks out. Then a week before they confirmed and got more information. The driver was great. The driver was at the airport with a small sign with our last name. He helped with luggage and had a cold beer or water. He was very patient as we shopped for a weeks worth of groceries & beverages and went to the bank. He even helped carry our stuff into our house rental. They then picked us up to take us back a week later. Last year it was $120 USD for 6 adults, this was the round trip price. We would have needed 3 cabs for luggage and supplies.

We used the same company to take us to La Peñita. Again beer and water.

Seattle, Washington
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommendations for car for hire from PV airport?

BillNTT- Thanks for the response! Great info!

Seattle, Washington
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Recommendations for car for hire from PV airport?

Thank you Senor bobo, Toes in the Sand, Sayulita Pita, and Coal miner!

I think we will go with your recommendation, I see that Tours Bahia and Jose Ramos are the same company. So, great recommendations!

Yes, the 5 of us are looking forward to the cold drinks and the stop at the Mega. As we are sharing a house for ten days, some supplies will be needed. And the tip about the Banamex is also great!

Can't wait to escape the chilly Seattle weather!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
35 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Recommendations for car for hire from PV airport?

Yes, the other comments are correct, taxi's are possibly cheaper; however, it's very comforting to arrive at an unfamiliar airport and be greeted by someone with a smiling face holding a sign with your name on it. Your luggage is picked up and you're whisked by all the sharks trying to sell you something to a clean, air conditioned suburban that just happens to be stocked with ICE COLD beer. It's worth a few dollars more to start your vacation off on the right foot. We booked with Jose Ramos Taxi Service and were very pleased. All communication was easy and efficient. The driver (Ernesto) was on time, courteous, and knowledgeable. Everything was exactly as promised and I would highly recommend their service.

9. Re: Recommendations for car for hire from PV airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, December 17, 2013