We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rentals in sayulita

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Sayulita hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,346 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Car rentals in sayulita

Does anyone know the names of car rental companies operating out of Sayulita. I know about Gheko but they are booked up when we need a car.

Thanks.

Sayulita, Mexico
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car rentals in sayulita

There is a National rent a car downtown. I live here and I can check with them for their emails, phone numbers etc. if you let me know when you are arriving. I do this at no charge because I encourage tourists to bring down hand me down clothes for the kids of Sayulita. You can take the clothes and give them to your hotel maids, Sayulita Golf Carts, or me Barbara Nelson Gracias

Edited: 12:38 pm, October 14, 2012
Banff, Canada
Level Contributor
100 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car rentals in sayulita

National operates an office in town, I have used them several years ago, and was not too happy with them. My car was not there when I arrived with my reservation, and it took an extra day to get it. In fairness, I rented from the National office in Puerto Vallarta, although the person in Puerto Vallarta was working in Sayulita as well, so they were affiliated. I prefer Gecko, they are the only place I recommend.

If you are just wanting to rent a car for a day or 2, National will probably be fine. Also be careful of the "mandatory" insurance that some places try to sell you.

Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car rentals in sayulita

Just back from Sayulita and rented a sweet little red convertable VW Bug for $55 US a day. We rented from the National Agent who is the nicest guy named Roger. He will bend over backwards to accommodate you. His boss not so much ... but he will do everything in his power to get you a vehicle.

He lives at the rental company building so is almost always around.

4. Re: Car rentals in sayulita

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 18, 2014