We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chica Locca-Great catamaran experience!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Sayulita hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
minnesota
Level Contributor
135 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Chica Locca-Great catamaran experience!

If you are traveling to sayulita, Book this excursion! The boat itself is very comfortable, plenty big and never too packed, they try to keep it around 40 passengers max and the boat holds 60. The staff goes way out of their way for you, and they create a very cool vibe.It's only about $70 us a person for 6hrs, full open bar with good liquor, 2 good meals, a kayak, fishing, snorkling,whale watching and an awsome time. The name of the compay is RIVIERA NAYARIT TOURS,the name of the boat is the Chica locca. They have an office right underneath calypso resturaunt in sayulita. Ask for melissa or Isreal, they speak great english and are very friendly!

Arlington...
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Chica Locca-Great catamaran experience!

We just returned from Sayulita. It was our sixth time going there. We love Sayulita, the weather, the people, the beaches, the food and yes, Chica Locca. We have been on two other cruises to the Marietta's prior to Chica Locca. They were very enjoyable BUT Chica Locca was different. There were only 8 of us guests on board, the captain,two crew and the owner and her doggie. It was like a family affair. Very intimate, nice conversation, beautiful weather, quiet seas, good music, great food and drinks. The hammocks onboard make for major relaxation. You can lounge anywhere on the boat. We snorkeled and swam and it was delightful. $70 US for a full day of fun was well worth every penny. The personal touch that Chica Locca gives you is special (the other companies don't seem to have that) Anyway all in all it was a wonderful experience and I have every intention of booking another day with them upon my return to Sayulita.......FANTASTIC!!!!

Scottsdale, Arizona
1 post
Save Reply
12. Re: Chica Locca-Great catamaran experience!

The worst Boat trip i have been on !!!!!!!! Everything on the trip is about DRINKING ! very boring !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! anybody with kids under the age of 18 do not do this trip !!!!!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Chica Locca-Great catamaran experience!

I took the Chica Locca tour last Saturday, Jan 21, 2012 and had an AMAZING experience. The humpback whales are migrating at this time of year and they were breaching the surface of the water like bullets all over the place! One of the BEST tours I have done anywhere! and yes, I am a seasoned traveler. I found great value in the tour for $75.. The trimaran was very comfortable with pillows all over the place, the music on my tour was great, more with a caribbean feel no 80's music!? weird. Sure there is an open bar but I am not a drinker so had my bev's virgin (to each his own). The food was great as it is prepared by Ruben's deli, the other tourists were also great to mingle with and the service on the boat could NOT have been any better!! I honestly feel that if you do not do this tour you are missing out on an amazing experience (this time of year anyway), I have done tours all over the world and there is no guarantee what you will see, sometimes you see what you were hoping to and sometimes you don't. The creatures of the sea don't always get the memo. Side note: Marieta's Island where the tour stops to snorkel or kayak is only 1 of 2 places in the WORLD you will see the Blue Footed Boobie (it's a bird people), the Galapagos Islands is the only other place.********A big Thank You to Ricky at Riviera Nayarit Magical Tours in Sayulita (beside Ruben's deli) for recommending this tour! :) and being a great source of information with anything to do with Sayulita and the neighboring areas.

San Francisco...
1 post
Save Reply
14. Re: Chica Locca-Great catamaran experience!

I have two different experiences...The first of which is an excellent review. I planned a Bachelorette party with 23 of my friends, we had a great time. The crew, lead by Alan were absolutely amazing, friendly and on top of EVERYTHING. We were lucky to see whales, had fun snorkelling and swimming, enjoyed the boat, music and contstant flow of drinks. I give THE CREW a 5 star rating.

The second experience I had was with the owner Gil, with whom I had been corresponding with for several months, trying to plan ahead. We could only reserve the boat privately if we had 25 people, unfortunately we were just shy of the quota. I made a deal with Gil that he would not add more than 10 extra people and that he was to disclose to the extra's that there would be a Bachelorette party on board. When we arrived for the day, I had 19 confirmed people and 4 extras came. Gil had added 8 more people to our trip and DID NOT tell them about our group...needless to say the extra family and couple were not happy about sharing the boat with our party. Gil was EXTREMELY unorganized upon our arrival. I was accused the next day of "sneaking 2 extra people on the boat", since he didn't do a proper head count/no bracelets to get on the bus/boat...etc. Gil even followed me into a store 3 days later to accuse me of not paying for 2 extra people. I have never been so insulted in my life. My response was "I am a very honest person and if I owed you money I would pay". Gil showed me a book, where numbers were crossed out and rewritten, then tried to say that I was doing wrong...

After such a fabulous trip and great vacation, it was extremely disheartening to end this way..., my bad...GET A RECEIPT IF YOU PAY CASH!!! I paid for 14 people via paypal and the rest cash...unfortunately I give GIL and GIL only 1 star for poor customer service and disorganization and a very offensive approach to solving his disorganization.

JUST BE CAREFUL!

Seattle, Washington
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: Chica Locca-Great catamaran experience!

Went on this trip with my 12 yo son. We had about 25 people on board. I wouldn't want to do it with a full load of 60. It was a great time. Snorkeling was abysmal. But the swim into the hidden beach was amazing and there were a couple tunnels that were very adventurous to explore. The staff worked super hard and were very friendly. My son had a blast jumping off the boat and swimming- they stayed parked at the island for over an hour after we all snorkeling so people could swim and paddleboard and eat lunch.

And drink. The people on our boat were pretty low key but the non-stop slinging out of booze added up. It was fine for my son and two other boys, both younger, who were on board. But the music was so loud it was literally hard to talk. So if you want a mellow nature cruise you'll have to filter it through really loud party music. Nevertheless, a great time

Vancouver, Canada
6 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Chica Locca-Great catamaran experience!

I have to agree that the Chica Loca is a well run trip. Always fun. Where our friends come down we immediately try to book them a trip for the first full day of their arrival... Immediate relaxation and "Ahhh, I really am on vacation". Whether you want to risk the violence and robberies of this area is another deal, my wife doesn't like the risk anymore after all we saw and hear living there this past winter, so I don't get to go back.

Toronto
Level Contributor
153 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Chica Locca-Great catamaran experience!

Greg V - Again as in my response to one of your other posts, I have been to Sayulita numerous times and have never had a time where I have felt uncomfortable. I have never been robbed, had our rental house or the house we now own, broken into or seen any violence of any kind. Its not that I don't believe you its just that I have never seen anything of what you describe on any of my 15 trips to Sayulita in the past 8 years.

Punta de Mita...
1 post
Save Reply
18. Re: Chica Locca-Great catamaran experience!

We live in Punta Mita and have been on many boat trips out to the Merietas Islands, and this has been, by far, one of our best trips yet! We were actually supposed to take another charter boat out that day (The Ally Cat) but they told us the wrong time and left without us. After being made aware of the situation, the Chica Locca turned around and picked us up. The crew was extremely nice and professional. The food was really good, and the drinks were cold and plentiful. There were all kinds of water toys to play with once we got to the Islands. My 12 year old daughter had a blast snorkeling, paddle boarding and going down one of the two water slides. The boat never felt crowded, it has two hammocks, and plenty of room to lounge. We saw whales and dolphins, and had a blast inside the cave, and the private beach. All in all, it was a perfect day, and we will definitely be using the Chica Locca for our next charter!

Edited: 11:43 pm, December 01, 2013
Colorado Springs...
1 post
Save Reply
19. Re: Chica Locca-Great catamaran experience!

Chica Locca was an amazing experience. Me and my wife and my friends had the time of our lives. The caption and the crew were great and very attentive. I would recommend them to anybody young or old.The sights were incredible, the music was great and the snorkeling was one of the most wonderful experiences of my life. I would do it all over again and again.

20. Re: Chica Locca-Great catamaran experience!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 20, 2015