We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nearest Doctor/Hospital

Sussex
2 posts
Save Topic
Nearest Doctor/Hospital

I am travelling with my 1yr old in June.

Could anyone tell me the nearest doctor/hospital to Salema.

Thank you

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
47,513 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nearest Doctor/Hospital

Lagos, about 12 miles away, has a small hospital.

Sorry I don't know about doctors over that way.

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
18,181 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nearest Doctor/Hospital

Public hospitals with 24h E.R.'s are Centro Hospitalar do Barlavento Algarvio (Portimão) and Hospital de Faro (Faro).

For private hospitals also with 24h E.R.'s you have Hospital Particular do Algarve at Alvor, at Faro - Gambelas and from the same group S. Camilo - Portimão but from 9am to 7pm.

Also private (HPP group) Hospital S. Gonçalo - Lagos and Hospital Santa Maria - Faro with a Help Line 24h - 800 968 574.

Public Health Care centers at Vila do Bispo and Lagos with GP’s during the day.

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
80 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nearest Doctor/Hospital

There is a local health centre in Vila Do Bispo which is about 8 kilometres from Salema, you can get there by local bus if you don't have a car. The clinic is clean and professionaly staffed, you just have to go along and queue with the locals, not sure about the language difficulties though, although most people do speak at least a little English.

There is also a small hospital in Lagos, around 16 kilometres away, again reached by bus if necessary, but the main hospital is in Portimaeo about a forty minute drive away.

Remember to take your E111 card though.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
47,513 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nearest Doctor/Hospital

EHIC card it is now and/or passport. Recent experiences with injured footballers do show that treatment will be delayed if you have no ID.

5. Re: Nearest Doctor/Hospital

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, January 11, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Salema