We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Summer Family Vacation

Which Branson hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Summer Family Vacation

Thinking of going here with my family (two kids ages 10 (boy) and 7 (girl).

Wondering if there is enough to keep them occupied/busy. We are not "show" people so that wouldn't be a draw (maybe just one or two max for a week.

Any opinions or suggestions?

Dallas, Tx
Level Contributor
598 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Summer Family Vacation

We are not show people, either! We are going with our ten year old son in mid-July. We have briefly been to Branson one other time. What I have found to do that I think we should enjoy (after lots of research) are the following: 1.)Dogwood Canyon/College of the Ozarks for a meal, 2.) State Park Marina Spirit of America (not sure which cruise but probably the one with the trampoline for kids)/Pirate's Cove mini-golf/Branson Landing for shopping and fountain show, 3.) a day in Eureka Springs, 4.)Wolf Creek Station for gemstone panning (son is into rocks)/Grand Village Shops/ Titanic 5.)Silver Dollar City, 6.) optional: White Water (water park) and Jonah and Sights and Sounds theater. I hope my ideas help you, though I do know that everyone has different preferences!

Edited: 1:20 pm, June 24, 2014
New York
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Summer Family Vacation

great, thank you so much for the tips!!! enjoy!!

Branson, MO
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Summer Family Vacation

Your kids would also love Dixie Stampede which is also a dinner show. Go-carts at the Tracks (4 locations) are a must plus at Track 4 you can have Andy's Frozen Custard. Ride the Ducks would also be on the list - great family excursion plus the kids can 'drive' the Duck. Stop by the Trout Hatchery at the base of Table Rock Dam for a free tour. Trust me, Branson has enough to keep the whole family busy for several days! For more info & map go to www.explorebranson.com.

Missouri
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Summer Family Vacation

My choice of three top things for kids would be Ride the Ducks, Dixie Stampede and White Water Park.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
584 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Summer Family Vacation

I would place Silver Dollar City on the top of the list. Our kids have been going since they were three and love it there. There is something special about SDC. Other top favorites (there are actually few things that they've gone to in Branson that they disliked) are Dixie, Sight and Sounds theater and the fish hatchery.

Dallas, Tx
Level Contributor
598 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Summer Family Vacation

Toxi51,

I wanted to make an additional comment to my above response to your question. As I was researching our trip, there were several activities I was "sure" we would want to do (based on all the great reviews on Tripadvisor) until I watched some youtube clip of those activities. It was at that point that I realized that our unique personalities, preferences, and other life experiences that change who we are or what we like, will all come into play in what we decide we will enjoy on our trip. The best advice I can give you is to try and find youtube clips on the various activities you think you might be interested in doing. The videos can really help you decide what you might like before you plunk down your hard earned cash for something that might be a huge let-down to you.

New York
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Summer Family Vacation

THANK YOU ALL for your input. I'm accumulating a list of things to do and you all have been a great help. thank you all again!!

8. Re: Summer Family Vacation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 28, 2015