We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nice places to stay

Gulfport, MS
Level Contributor
9 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
nice places to stay

Me and my husband want to go to Branson to celebrate our 20 wedding anniversary in June. Neither of us have ever been there. Can you recommend some great places to stay and things we should do?

missouri
Destination Expert
for Branson
Level Contributor
780 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: nice places to stay

What do you mean by 'great'? Keep in mind that accomodations in Branson are some of the most economical you'll find anywhere and you don 't have tp spend big bucks to get 'nice'. A couple of our favorites are Camden Inn and Savannah House--- can stay at either property for less than $70/ night. Lodge of the Ozarks is also very nice--- all 3 are exceptionally clean. A bit more upscale would be the Radisson or The Clarion. Chateau on the Lake is a very nice hotel overlooking Tablerock--- it is just a few minutes outside of 'Branson'. For a nice resort check out Big Cedar Lodge. 15 or 20 minutes from Branson , also on the banks of Tablerock Lake. Some upscale restaurants on this property. Keep in mind that some very nice condos are on rental programs can be rented very economically. We have friends who have a beautiful condo for rent , I believe for $75/night plus a one time cleaning fee. Would be glad to put you in contact with them. They bought and completely renovated this unit last summer and it has not yet been occupied very many times. Do you like shows? Our all time favorite is Clay Cooper's Country Express--- we are season pass holders for this show. Would also recommend Pressleys, Six, Rankin Brothers , Legends. A good place to purchase tickets is 2 for1 tickets--- the one in the purple building at the corner of Hwy 76 and Roark Valley Road. We buy here often--- they give you vouchers which you take to theater and exchange gor tickets. Stay away fro the other '2 for 1 ' sellers--- most are affiliated with timeshares and usually end up being a bad experience. Sight and Sound is a beautiful theater and they do awesome productions--- always a bible theme production. Silver Dollar City is a fun place---- very good food for a theme park, they have shows and theme park rides--- a huge new wooden roller coaster. For a nice meal, try the Keeter Center at college of the Ozarks. Very nice atmosphere and wonderful food. Sunday Brunch is super and recommendations are strongly recommended. A great place for breakfast is Billy Gail's. A 'local place' with a fun atmosphere --- home cooked food, huge portions. Be prepared to wait for a table, but it is worth the wait. Billy Bob's is another very good 'local' place- hamburgers are awesome, patties are made 'on the spot', wonderful milkshakes. Just a small 'old time' soda fountain type of place. Another local place is Dannas --- good barbeque, burgers, catfish, tenderloins, etc. closed on Sunday. Dinner and a cruise on the Branson Belle would make a nice anniversary celebration

Minneapolis...
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: nice places to stay

How do i contact the condo owner?

missouri
Destination Expert
for Branson
Level Contributor
780 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: nice places to stay

Their condo is listed on Vrbo. The listing # is 487736, and the name of the Condo is Home Sweet Condo. Thanks for asking!

Fort Smith, Arkansas
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: nice places to stay

We haven't spent an anniversary in Branson. We have enjoyed a few at Mount Magazine State Park here in Arkansas. They have cabins and a lodge (both better than most motels). It's the highest point inArkansas. I recommend right here through Trip Advisor or Priceline for hotel reservations. Directly through the hotel or their website also could save $$ if you have a good discount code. Other than Priceline, the best deal on lodging we've found is Value Place. There's one in Springfield. www.ValuePlace.com It's a cross between an apartment, dormitory and a hotel. You book by the week for around $200 and includes a kitchenette with a full refrigerator. A few downsides are that the front desk has daytime hours and daily housekeeping is not provided.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
429 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: nice places to stay

Go to Big Cedar Lodge. It's a short drive from Branson. It's beautiful. My husband and I have been there twice and are planning on going back in Sept of this year. I would suggest a one bedroom cabin or staying in the (newer) Falls Lodge. It is pricey though (especially weekends) but totally worth it in my opinion.

We had never heard of this place until Bass Pro sold us a two night stay for super cheap. We had to go through the nightmare of the timeshare but we made it through.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: nice places to stay

It's all based on opinion, but it depends on what you want. If you want rustic and authentic I recommend Arcadia Coves right on Lake Taneycomo, if you want fancier but still very affordable I'd recommend Still Waters Resort. Here's a link to get coupons for almost every type of lodging that there is in town http://www.bransoninfo.org/#!branson-lodging/c7hs . So worth it. You mentioned it's for an anniversary and they even have a Romantic Lodging section. There are some cute Bed and Breakfasts etc in the area.

7. Re: nice places to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 17, 2015