We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Information on Horizons by Marriot Presentation?

Which Branson hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mercer, Tn
5 posts
Save Topic
Information on Horizons by Marriot Presentation?

We are doing that 90 minute presentation with Horizons, we did one couple of years ago with Fairfield and hated it, so don't ask me why we got suckered into it again. Are they going to try to make me leave my four year old with daycare? Any suggestions on the quickest way to get out of there after the walk-through? Any and all information on them would be appreciated!

Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Information on Horizons by Marriot Presentation?

Ha, I also got suckered and we're going on Tuesday. We are staying at thousand Hills resort with an "upgrade". I think it was an extra $240 but includes an extra night and $75 in extra money. Anyway, and I swear this is true, when we went a couple years ago and did this, the guy running the "daycare" room lived in a trailer with his mom and was lecturing my kids on right wing politics! Anyway they can't make you leave your 4 year old, don't let them intimidate you! The only thing that made me feel better about the craziness of last time is that all 3 of my kids were there and I got them out quick!

Good luck, Becky

Mercer, Tn
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Information on Horizons by Marriot Presentation?

Thanks Becky, I will keep that in mind. Let me know how your presentation goes! Wow I didn't know you could upgrade.

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
903 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Information on Horizons by Marriot Presentation?

We're also doing the Horizons tour. I've never done this before & don't know why I let myself get talked into it. The sales lady somehow talked me into. I agreed to this back in the winter. I guess I had the blahs & was ready to go anywhere. We're going in

August & staying at the Hotel Grand Victorian. I've not been reading very many good reviews on this place either. We're taking a 16 & 12 year old. Maybe if they go on the tour with us we can get out of there quickly!

Beebe, Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock
Level Contributor
2,305 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Information on Horizons by Marriot Presentation?

My husband and I stayed at the grand victorian a couple of years back, It was nice, We were a little dissappointed in the presidential suite, The view was blocked by the roof over the pool... Nice other wise...not really worth the $$$$$

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
903 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Information on Horizons by Marriot Presentation?

Fordarama, Thanks for your reply on Grand Victorian. I've read to many negative things about it and other reviews. So I called Horizon's and changed to the Clarion Hotel. I've read a lot better reviews on it. Thanks for your response.

6. Re: Information on Horizons by Marriot Presentation?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 pm, August 13, 2009