We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Avoid Grand Country Inn,Baldknobbers

Sedalia, MO
Level Contributor
5 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Avoid Grand Country Inn,Baldknobbers

We just returned from our mini vacation to Branson. We stayed at the Grand Country Inn so that our kids could go to the indoor water park.

First off at the motel a lightbulb was burned out. We called the front desk on Tuesday and on Thursday it still hadn't been replaced.

We had no ice bucket in our room, maybe cuz they want you to pay $12.00 to get a fridge put in your room.

As for the waterpark, it is fine for YOUNG children under 7, but then you have to worry about the NAZI lifeguards blowing their whistle everytime you turn around.

I asked Nathan one of the lifeguards( you will know him by his ears) what my daughter had done and he told me she was holding up the lazy river, HELLO, the only ones in the lazy river were my 2 daughters, my son and myself, we weren't being held up.When I went to the manager of the pool and complained he stated " well she was breaking the rules". I told him that we have stayed at the Great Wolf Lodge which is twice the size of this and never had one problem with any of the lifeguards, his response was " well we are $200 a night cheaper then they are". I would much rather pay an additional $200 a night to have a decent experience and not put up with rude employees. I would NEVER stay in this place again.

There is so much other stuff to do in Branson that you don't get your moneys worth out of Splash Country.

Our first night we ate at Baldknobbers, it was overpriced and the food was terrible.

Plantation's $3.99 breakfast was average.

We loved all the stores and got alot of christmas shopping done in June!

Again I do NOT recommend Grand Country Inn , save your money and go to Whitewater where they treat you as a guest

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Avoid Grand Country Inn,Baldknobbers

Glad you had a good time anyway. Better luck next time on hotel choices. It's so hit and miss in Branson - it's really sad. I guess all these nasty ppl in these hotels think since they're on the strip and in a big tourist town they can be as rude as they want and still get business. They need to get their heads out of their rears and realize they're giving Branson a bad name when they do that stuff. Oh well. Thanks for the info - you've stopped me from ever trying the hotel out!

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Avoid Grand Country Inn,Baldknobbers

Glad you had a good time anyway. Better luck next time on hotel choices. It's so hit and miss in Branson - it's really sad. I guess all these nasty ppl in these hotels think since they're on the strip and in a big tourist town they can be as rude as they want and still get business. They need to get their heads out of their rears and realize they're giving Branson a bad name when they do that stuff. Oh well. Thanks for the info - you've stopped me from ever trying the hotel out!

Searcy, Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock
Level Contributor
2,319 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Avoid Grand Country Inn,Baldknobbers

I have recommended the grand country inn to several people. Most of everyone I have talked to that have stayed there loved it. Sorry you had a bad time...Maybe they were having a bad day. I know that good help is hard to find....Help wanted signs are up all over Branson..

missouri
Level Contributor
194 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Avoid Grand Country Inn,Baldknobbers

We have stayed at Grand Country the last 3 summers with our 12 and 5 yr old grandsons. Each year was a pleasant experience! As for the lifeguards, I have never noticed them to be 'whistle happy', but rather have appreciated the way they try to enforce safey! The boys also enjoyed the arcade on the property and the pizza buffet was always a hit with them. The hotel rooms are nothing fancy, but they have suited our purpose!

5. Re: Avoid Grand Country Inn,Baldknobbers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:25 am, August 13, 2009