We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Branson with a 2 year old

omaha, ne
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Branson with a 2 year old

Hello! We are coming for a few days and trying to decide what to do with our 2-year-old.

I have a couple smaller/cheaper things on my list - the fish hatchery (I think she'll love feeding them), Ride the Ducks (not unique or free, but I think she'll really enjoy it), Moonshine Beach, the fire/water show at the shopping center, etc.

I'd like one "big" thing to do, such as the Dixie Stampede or Silver Dollar City. I've read lots of conflicting reports to both and haven't found a lot (if any) reviews with toddlers in mind.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Missouri
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Branson with a 2 year old

You know your child the best, if you think she could sit for apprx. 2 hours, the Dixie Stampede would be good to do. As far as Silver Dollar City goes, they have a small section of toddler rides, slides and climb on activities and you could take her on the train that goes around the park. Other than that, I can't see that she would enjoy SDC very much at all. If she likes the water, you could also take her to White Water Park as they have a really nice section for toddlers.

jeff city, mo
Level Contributor
159 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Branson with a 2 year old

We travel with 2 small children (4 and 6 weeks on last visit to Branson), Dixie Stamped was a huge hit.. Our oldest was mezmorized by not only the show but the food as well.. He can't wait to do it again..

SDC is a lot of walking and not that exciting for smaller children, we have done it in the past and won't go back until are children are old enough for the majority of the rides.

You might check the forcast before you commit to White Water, lots of rain in the forcast latey.. But if you can swing in, it's a great water park for smaller kids..

You might also make a pit stop at Lamberts in Ozark.. It's great for little ones.

3. Re: Branson with a 2 year old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, August 14, 2014