We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Top must sees with 5 yr old girl

Save Topic
Top must sees with 5 yr old girl

My husband and I need a short vacation with our 6 month old and 5 yr old daughter. What are some suggestions? We are looking for fun places to go and see! Thanks!

missouri
Destination Expert
for Branson
Level Contributor
780 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Top must sees with 5 yr old girl

There's not a lot of things to do with kids those ages in Branson right now.....things are just beginning to open up for the season. The 5 year old would probably enjoy Dixie Stampede, a dinner and a show with lots of horses and other animals. If you don't go to the show, you could always drop by and see the horses in the stalls, get close to them. If you have a nice warm day, could go to the fish hatchery and feed the fish in the 'outdoor pools'. There are a couple of hotels that have indoor water parks, Grand Country is one. Welk Resort has one, as does a hotel on Green Mountain Drive, but I can't remember the name of it, something like 'Castlerock'. Even if you don't 'stay' at Grand Country, you can buy an admission to the water park, not sure about the others. The 5 yr old would enjoy 'Ride the Duck', but not sure when they open back up and you'd need to have a warm day for it to be enjoyable. If Silver Dollar City is open when you visit Branson, the entire family would like it.

Cape Girardeau...
Level Contributor
8 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Top must sees with 5 yr old girl

I agree with everything from the first comment & also would add The Tracks Fanily Fun Parks. My boys loved the arcades & riding the kiddie go-carts at that age. Plus they have little rides the 5 year old can ride. And the inspiration tower. My kids liked that too. Have a great trip :)

St. Louis
Level Contributor
52 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Top must sees with 5 yr old girl

Agree with above posts. Took 4 yr old daughter last March to Branson. She loved fish hatchery. Bring a cup to put the fish food in when you buy it from the dispenser so that you don't have to try to carry it in your hand. She also loved Dixie Stampede. You walk right by the stables on way from parking lot to venue. Make sure you go early for the pre-show. Daughter so focused on the stampede show she didn't eat her dinner...wouldn't take her eyes off the action. The show is a bit corny, but wife and I enjoyed the good clean family fun. And I loved watching my daughter enjoy the show so much. If you get a rainy day, Grand Country has an indoor mini golf course, arcade and a playground. She enjoyed interacting with other kids there. We enjoyed our trip so much we are returning this year March spring break.

Enjoy your trip

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Top must sees with 5 yr old girl

Is The Tracks indoors?

missouri
Destination Expert
for Branson
Level Contributor
780 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Top must sees with 5 yr old girl

no

6. Re: Top must sees with 5 yr old girl

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 20, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Branson