We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Silver Dollar City Question

Wichita, Kansas...
Level Contributor
220 posts
103 reviews
Save Topic
Silver Dollar City Question

Has anyone seen It's a Wonderful Life at SDC and if so, what did you think?

Branson, MO
Level Contributor
210 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Silver Dollar City Question

It's a really great show. Quality production and wonderful music. Great for the Christmas season, as you would expect from SDC.

Arkansas Ozarks
Level Contributor
1,205 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Silver Dollar City Question

We really enjoyed "It's a Wonderful Life" but the seating is not the greatest. Try to sit as close to the front of the raised seating as you can. The seating on the floor is reserved for the handicapped.

The singers actually sing but they sing to a recorded musical track.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
10 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Silver Dollar City Question

We were there the Thursday after Christmas. I don't think it was as good as other Christmas shows they have had, but it wasn't a bad show either. I think the lady who played George Bailey's Mother was excellant and so was the gentleman who played Clarence the angel was perfect for the part and I must say in character throughout. However, if you would never have seen the movie, then you would have had no idea of what the story was about. Scrooge was not playing when we were there, at least that is what we were told because they had so many people out ill that the production could not go on. That't okay, my favorite thing is the big old Christmas Tree on Main Street that plays music and produces a wonderful light show. This grandma becomes a child again with eyes of wonder as I listen to the Carols and watch the changing colors. One last thing, we always get preferred seating for all the shows at Silver Dollar City. That way you don't have to wait in line and the seats are great. However, it may be a little costly for a family, so I would only get it for the show you want to see the most.

Carlene K

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
10 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Silver Dollar City Question

We were there the Thursday after Christmas. I don't think it was as good as other Christmas shows they have had, but it wasn't a bad show either. I think the lady who played George Bailey's Mother was excellant and so was the gentleman who played Clarence the angel was perfect for the part and I must say in character throughout. However, if you would never have seen the movie, then you would have had no idea of what the story was about. Scrooge was not playing when we were there, at least that is what we were told because they had so many people out ill that the production could not go on. That't okay, my favorite thing is the big old Christmas Tree on Main Street that plays music and produces a wonderful light show. This grandma becomes a child again with eyes of wonder as I listen to the Carols and watch the changing colors. One last thing, we always get preferred seating for all the shows at Silver Dollar City. That way you don't have to wait in line and the seats are great. However, it may be a little costly for a family, so I would only get it for the show you want to see the most.

Carlene K

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
10 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Silver Dollar City Question

Sorry I have no idea how my reply ended up twice on the site.

Carlene K

6. Re: Silver Dollar City Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 12, 2014