We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dogwood Canyon

Which Branson hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
7,683 posts
120 reviews
Save Topic
Dogwood Canyon

We will be in Branson next week and debating about whether to visit Dogwood Canyon. We love nature and enjoy walkiing and looking at scenery but can't walk a whole lot because DH has a bad knee. We are considering taking the tram tour.

I guess my issue is that we have seen so much beautiful scenery in southern Missouri, Tennessee, North Carolina, etc., that I just have somewhat of a problem in paying to look at nature when we are used to seeing it without charge. The tram tour is $26 per person and I guess I am just asking whether it is worth the cost to pay that much money to see scenery that we have seen in other areas at no cost, or is there something really special about Dogwood Canyon that makes it worth the fee?

We considered doing the Segway tour there as we have done a couple of Segway tours in other places and really enjoyed them, but that turns into a VERY expensive day with the cost of the Segway, admission to the Canyon, etc so we have decided that if we do go to Dogwood Canyon, we will just do the tram instead.

Thanks for your help!

Choctaw, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
1,945 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dogwood Canyon

The tram has gone up some since we did it 4 years ago but I thought it was worth it. They take you by some beautiful "glory hole" fishing spots where they have some big trout, by some old indian caves and such, then up amongst a heard of elk, then on to a herd of buffalo. It was very nice and then you have unlimited time to wander about which we really enjoyed as well. We've traveled a lot also and we still thought it was worth the expense. Good luck and have fun

BigDave

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
7,683 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dogwood Canyon

Thanks Big Dave! I think that we will do it!

Seekonk...
Level Contributor
9 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dogwood Canyon

The tram tour is worth it. You will never get this close to elk, buffalo and long horn cattle. After take a bike or walk the path. Very relaxing and peaceful. Enjoy

4. Re: Dogwood Canyon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, October 02, 2013