We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cosmic Caverns and Eureka Springs

Michigan
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Topic
Cosmic Caverns and Eureka Springs

Has anyone been to Cosmic Caverns? Is it a worthwhile stop on the way to Eureka Springs? Staying in Hollister for a week mid September and would like to take a day trip to Eureka Springs. Can you see any springs in Eureka? Any suggestions as to what to see in Eureka Springs without paying for a tour? I'm interested in sight seeing and nature.

Arkansas Ozarks
Level Contributor
1,205 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cosmic Caverns and Eureka Springs

You will probably get more response in regards to your Eureka Springs questions if you post them in the Arkansas/Eureka Springs forum. There are several threads about what to do for a day in Eureka.

It is a very easy day trip from Hollister to Eureka Springs. I have driven by Cosmic Caverns many times and there are always cars there during operating hours. Although I've been to other Arkansas caves, I have not done the tour ast Cosmic Caverns.

If you go to Silver Dollar City while you are in the Branson area, take the tour of Marvel Cave which is in the park. The tour is included in your park admission.

talihina
Level Contributor
3 posts
351 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cosmic Caverns and Eureka Springs

Yes there are a few springs that you can park next to and walk just 10 to 15 feet off road and see springs.. Eureka Springs is a nice place to visit for a couple days while in the area. The statue " Christ of the Ozarks" a piece of the Berlin wall "free" and of course the Great " Passion Play and virtual holy land tour.. / Bible Museum. "Charge" Lots of gift and art stores to walk thru. Also while in the area there is a working crisp mill called war eagle mill 25 miles toward Springdale, Ar that is very unique. As for the caves I have been to all in the area and found them enjoyable but not for weak knee's. Hope you enjoy your visit in this part of the world.

Edited: 7:29 pm, August 11, 2012
Russellville...
Level Contributor
13 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cosmic Caverns and Eureka Springs

Turpentine Creek is a wildlife refuge for lions and tigers and bears not far from Eureka Springs. Look them up on the internet, all the animals are rescues and it's a wonderful place to visit. When you go to Eureka Springs just walk around you'll see several springs on Spring Street, they're marked and the garden clubs have done a tremendous job with their plantings around the springs. Go to the Crescent Hotel and look inside, the whole town is a historic wonder, start at the bottom of the hill at Basin Park and walk up, you can spend the whole day being amazed, I don't think you need a tour guide.

Michigan
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cosmic Caverns and Eureka Springs

Thanks for the replies.

5. Re: Cosmic Caverns and Eureka Springs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, August 23, 2013