We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inexp. motel, Silver $ City, next week after 4th. Quick trip

Kansas City, Kansas
Level Contributor
18 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Inexp. motel, Silver $ City, next week after 4th. Quick trip

My 13-yr.-old nephew and I are spending a few days in AR next week and want to spend a day at SDC on the way back to Kansas City. Thought we'd drive there Thurs., the 5th, spend the night at an inexpensive motel and go to SDC Friday, and drive back to KC that evening. Got advice that we should stay 2 nights since there's so much to do at SDC. So I'm wondering if I should get a deal for 2 nights motel and 2 days tickets at SDC (spend a few hrs. there Sat.). Don't care about shows or the rest of Branson. Thanks.

KCMO
Level Contributor
1,041 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Inexp. motel, Silver $ City, next week after 4th. Quick trip

www.branson2for1tickets.com and www.interstatetravelbuddy.com both have some good coupons. Another not listed in those would be Green Mountain Inn. We have stayed at Caprice Motor Inn for many quick trips and for the price really like it.

Missouri
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Inexp. motel, Silver $ City, next week after 4th. Quick trip

I would also suggest 2 days in Branson. If you go to SDC after 3:00, you get the next day free. We visit Branson every year and stay at the Baldknobbers Inn, which is very nice, nothing fancy, but definitely is clean and located right on the strip. Prices are very good also, runs about $50 per night.

central arkansas
Level Contributor
48 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Inexp. motel, Silver $ City, next week after 4th. Quick trip

Pick up a Travel Guide at a local gas station, and get a coupon for Branson Best motel. There are several Branson Hotels in the book, but we like Branson Best properties.

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
91 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Inexp. motel, Silver $ City, next week after 4th. Quick trip

I second the suggestion for 2 days. The first late afternoon/evening you can get the lay of the land and come back the next day to finish up what you didn't get to see and ride your favorite rides.

5. Re: Inexp. motel, Silver $ City, next week after 4th. Quick trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:47 am, July 01, 2013