We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

July 4th week trip

Which Branson hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Westfield, Indiana
Level Contributor
47 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
July 4th week trip

My family and I are headed to Branson the week of the fourth. Does anyone know if this is a really busy week. That may be a dumb question. I have always avoided vavations that week, but this year I couldnt. Also, between reading the reviews on here and other places, it gets confusing as to which shows are the best to see. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks

Wichita, Kansas...
Level Contributor
220 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: July 4th week trip

Just you and your wife? Yes, it will be busy but if you have tickets to shows ahead of time, go to eat at off times, study the map and use the back roads, allow for plenty of time getting places, and are prepared for the heat and humidity if you are outside, you will be fine. We got caught in traffic on the strip last year the first of December and almost missed a show. Just didn't think about using the other roads that night.

What kinds of shows do you like for help with shows? You can get a good start by studying Things to Do but I have a list of favorites if I know more about what you like.

Westfield, Indiana
Level Contributor
47 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: July 4th week trip

There will be 5 of us. My wife and I, our 2 kids, 13 and 17, and my mom. Hmmmm, as far as shows, we like comedy, music -southern gospel, some country-like tributes to old greats best. We have been to Gatlinburg many times and like most all the shows there. We have been to Branson once about 5 years ago. They loved Silver Dollar City and Celebration City. I know Celebration is gone now. We will do SDC one day and Dixie Stampede as they are family favorites.

Effingham, Illinois
Level Contributor
98 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: July 4th week trip

Here is a link to the Branson Vacation Guide. It's free and comes quite quickly in the mail, or did for me. A week or so after I requested it. It has a calendar of events, lodging information, advertising, history, and things to do while in Branson. The guide doesn't contain all, but probably businesses which have paid for advertising. I would suggest it. It has been helpful for us.

www.explorebranson.com/branson/vacationguide

Rockford, Illinois
Level Contributor
7 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: July 4th week trip

We were in Branson last year during the 4th of July week. We stayed at a campground outside of town, but I didn't feel it was much busier than when we were there in August two years before. As far as things to do, we have a 13 y.o. son and he really enjoyed SDC. His favorite show was The Magic of Taylor Reed. If the show is there during your stay, it is a great time and very affordable. Think we paid $25 total for 2 adults and 1 child. We also liked Moonshine Beach on Table Rock lake. Do keep in mind if your have not been to Branson during the summer, it is HOT, HOT, HOT! and humid! Also, leave plenty of time to get place as the traffic can be a nightmare. Happy travels!

Westfield, Indiana
Level Contributor
47 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: July 4th week trip

Thanks for the info so far! I appreciate it.

6. Re: July 4th week trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, June 22, 2013