We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

June trip plan

Casey
Level Contributor
49 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
June trip plan

Thought I would lay out my plan here and see if anyone had advice or comments.

We'll be arriving at our cabin near Table Rock Lake/Blue Eye on a Saturday afternoon. It is a ways out of Branson, so we won't be going back and forth- I figure most days breakfast at the cabin, lunch out and about, and supper at the cabin if we are done with our activities.

Sunday I want to go to Dogwood Canyon State Park and ride the tram, and possibly hike. We can also do something at Table Rock Lake. I see that I should reserve a tram ride ahead of time- how much ahead?

Monday will be Silver Dollar City, and Tuesday, with 2-for-1 tickets from reservebranson. If we feel like swimming one of those days, we might try the Aquaplex.

Wednesday we want to do the Titanic Museum, Ride the Ducks (Table Rock), and Dixie Stampede. If I buy tickets on the Titanic website, it has you choose your time, and says that it sells out fast. If I buy them on reservebranson, it looks like you just pick a day, not a specific time. Do I need to reserve a specific time, or can we walk up and expect to get in? I think I will be getting Stampede tix on reservebranson ahead of time.

Thursday we are heading towards home (north), so I think we will visit the National Tiger Sanctuary, and then the Laura Ingalls Wilder home in Mansfield.

Mentioned in this post
Table Rock Lake
Table Rock Lake
2,264 Reviews
Missouri
Branson
Branson
Missouri
Silver Dollar City
Silver Dollar City
9,417 Reviews
Branson, MO
Titanic Museum
Titanic Museum
5,518 Reviews
Branson, MO
National Tiger Sanctuary
National Tiger Sanctuary
589 Reviews
Saddlebrooke, MO
Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
745 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: June trip plan

Of the things mentioned, the only one I have ever reserved ahead is Dixie Stampede. We have done everything on your list and enjoyed them all. I would try to do Dogwood on a sunny day. It is beautiful there.

Casey
Level Contributor
49 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: June trip plan

Is there a better time to hit the Titanic (say, first tour of the morning)? I have been reading some reviews that mention long lines to get in. Or will that not be a problem on the first Wednesday of June?

Wichita, Kansas...
Level Contributor
221 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: June trip plan

I was totally confused about the Titanic thing! I called them because I had a SDC $5 off coupon and I couldn't get it to work online. It made it fast when we got there because we had already paid but we all had to show our ID and season pass. So I think they just want to spread the people out during the day but people were going in with our group who did not have a reserved time. When you get your day planned, I would just call and make my reserved time unless you can do it online. It took us a good 2 hours and was much more interesting than we expected.

Branson, MO
Level Contributor
210 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: June trip plan

The first Wednesday in June should not be too busy, so Titanic first thing would be a good idea. You've really got a good plan here - many very good activities. Glad to see you're going to Dogwood Canyon. Great family place. The Tiger Sanctuary is also very interesting.

Casey
Level Contributor
49 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: June trip plan

Thanks for the feedback. We'll see if we get around early on Wednesday for Titanic. We'll be at SDC early on Monday and Tuesday, already.

Glad to hear the Tiger Sanctuary is good. DD10 is a big fan of tigers.

The tram ride at Dogwood Canyon is another thing I need to reserve at some point. I don't know if you pay over the phone, then, or pay when you get there. I suppose I will get the adventure pass so we can do whatever we decide to do (hiking and/or biking).

Westfield, Indiana
Level Contributor
47 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: June trip plan

A note on Dixie Stampede, if it is important to you to be on the side of the South or North, Im not sure Reserve Branson does that. If you call Dixie Stampede, you can select your seats and choose a side. If you book online through Dixie, there is a conveniece fee that Reserve Branson doesnt charge.

Mentioned in this post
Branson
Branson
Missouri
Effingham, Illinois
Level Contributor
104 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: June trip plan

Titanic on Friday afternoon was not too busy about 4-5 PM. That was just last week. I figure the have a certain set amount they let in, but we made no reservations and had no wait time, they did wait for the group ahead of us to be about 15-20 peopled deep before they sent them inside to purchase tickets. We didn't purchase a head of time, and didn't reserve a spot.

If you do Ride the Duck's first you can use your "Quacker" for a discount on Titanic.

8. Re: June trip plan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, June 18, 2013