We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach in Branson

LA
9 posts
Save Topic
Beach in Branson

I heard that there is a beach in Branson. Just wondering what it is like. We will be traveling to Branson in June, and my 8 and 13 year old love the beach, but I didn't want to put this on our schedule of events if it isn't worth it.

Kansas City
Level Contributor
416 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach in Branson

Your probly referring to Moonshine Beach, a popular swimming hole on Table Rock Lake. Here is an article back from 2004 from the Springfield News Leader. (its got a couple small pictures and directions)

…news-leader.com/outdoors/_archive/0812-Drin…

While Moonshine Beach is not exactly a tourist destination (keep in mind it sits on a lake so its really not what most people consider a beach) but IMO it sure as hec beats any hotel swimming pool.

Springfield, MO
Level Contributor
340 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach in Branson

With the new construction of the road around Table Rock Dam, I believe that Moonshine Beach was inaccessible last summer. You might call the Chamber of Commerce to find out for sure.

That said, there is plenty of shorline (i.e., not a sandy beach but a place where water meets land) in and around Branson. On the opposite side of the dam from Moonshine Beach, there is a "nature center" type of thing with a long and well-maintained shoreline.