We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Branson Landing/weather

Sheboygan
Level Contributor
295 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Branson Landing/weather

Does anyone have any information when the water show is going to start at branson landing? We are going to be visiting from May 22nd thru May 27th this year. Also, how is the traffic and weather that time of year?

We are also thinking of seeing Darren Romeo , anyone seen this show? Is it any good?

missouri
Level Contributor
194 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Branson Landing/weather

The only help I can give is on Missouri weather in May. Last year we were in Branson end of May and it was too cool for kids to enjoy water rides at SDC. You may be able to wear shorts and short sleeves, but I would take sweaters/sweatshirts as a backup!

Sheboygan
Level Contributor
295 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Branson Landing/weather

Thanks Shis , I was hoping it would be a little warmer.

missouri
Level Contributor
194 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Branson Landing/weather

Don't get discouraged! Weather changes quickly in Missouri....it may be really hot when you are in Branson this year --- just wanted to let you know what is was like that time last year! We were very comfortable in short sleeves, just not hot enough to let the kids get 'soakin' wet on the water rides!

I would just go prepared for either type of weather!

Sheboygan
Level Contributor
295 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Branson Landing/weather

Thanks for your help. I will watch the weather before we go but still be prepared for anything.

My daughter is looking forward to SDC.

missouri
Level Contributor
194 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Branson Landing/weather

Are you aware that if you enter SDC after 3 pm, the next day you can re-enter the park when it opens (or any time during the day) on the same ticket? Unless you buy a 2-days-for the price-0f-1 day ticket (or a season pass) this is a really good option to take advantage of. You really need more than 1 day to ride the rides and see all the shows!

I failed to comment on the traffic! If you pick up one of the maps available at most motels that shows the red,yellow and blue routes, you should be able to get most any place in Branson without being in the middle of traffic. These routes 'go around' Branson and have easy connections to HWY 76. Since you are leaving on Saturday, you should avoid most of the Memorial Day traffic. On the week end if you go to SDC, I would suggest going early and eating breakfast in the park (they have a really good brkfst buffet, reasonable priced) It normally takes 15 minutes to get to SDC from Branson, but at peak times, it can take up to 2 hrs.

Searcy, Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock
Level Contributor
2,322 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Branson Landing/weather

You can buy an all parks pass, you can get 3 or 2 parks, which are silver dollar city, celebration city, whitewater. And with that pass you can save 50% on the branson belle general seating at lunch. And 10% on the resturaunts in silver dollar city. I've heard darren romeo is very good, The weather can be cool to kinda hot, you never know in the south, but everything will be in full bloom,

Sheboygan
Level Contributor
295 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Branson Landing/weather

Thanks Fordarama , we did order the 3 park passes and are doing the branson belle lunch cruise. Thanks for the info on Darren Romeo also.

Kansas City, Ks
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Branson Landing/weather

Darren is my fav. in branson thus far. I've only been to 8 shows though.

Sheboygan
Level Contributor
295 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Branson Landing/weather

Thanks Eurupthere, can I ask what other shows you have been to and what you thought of them?