We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

vacation presentation

Cedar Falls, Iowa
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
vacation presentation

has anyone attended a Forever Grand Vacations or Vacation Services of America presentation to get discounted show tickets? IS it worth the 90 minutes?

Arkansas Ozarks
Level Contributor
1,206 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: vacation presentation

Save yourself the time and aggravation and DO NOT GO. All vacation clubs/travel clubs in Branson are rip-offs. There are plenty of ticket outlets through radio stations and other sources to get discount show tickets and discount lodging.

KCMO
Level Contributor
1,041 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: vacation presentation

My in-laws went to a similar one and ended up buying into the timeshare. When they got home and compared they cancelled. If you're just looking for discounted tickets try www.branson2for1tickets.com. They are not a timeshare

Texarkana, Texas
Level Contributor
188 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: vacation presentation

Do you have to buy the tickets in person or can they be bought on line?

KCMO
Level Contributor
1,041 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: vacation presentation

I think you have to buy them in person and their current location is kind of a pain to get in and out of. When I reserved my hotel room, I called them and reserved the room and then went and picked up a voucher to take to the hotel. It was pretty fast.

Nebraska
Level Contributor
300 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: vacation presentation

I agree. Avoid the "presentation".

At 2 for 1 you must buy in person. Pay cash or they will include a low credit card fee. Only one place is the true 2 for 1 ticket outlet even though many places use the same name. It is on the SW corner of Hwy 76 & Roark Valley RD. I think that is the 2nd street light west of Hwy 65 which is the highway that runs north & south from Springfield to AR. If you go to the other 2 for 1 outlets, you will find they are vacation club or timeshare sales with a "tour" or "presentation" required.

If you want Silver Dollar City passes you can get 2 days for the price of a 1 day admission. I find it is easiest to purchase them in advance from www.reservebranson.com. Some hotels carry them so you can also check at your hotel.

Texarkana, Texas
Level Contributor
188 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: vacation presentation

Do all the hotels carry show and attraction tickets?

Nebraska
Level Contributor
300 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: vacation presentation

No. At hotels prices vary and some have tours/presentations required. I would mainly see if they have the 2 days for 1 for SDC if you are going to SDC. If you are including White Water, are a veteran, turning 50 this year, go to SDC website for savings details or check out threads on this forum covering SDC.

For other tickets - Coupons are found all over Branson for free which you can use at the theaters if you are trying to save a few dollars. Also take advantage of the websites/places listed in this thread and others on this forum. Many people always go directly to the theater or attraction to make sure they get exactly what they want .

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
3,472 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: vacation presentation

Just my opinion // I personally would skip going to a timeshare presentation. Usually these are longer than they say and high pressure, not my idea of something fun to do and not worth some freebie tickets (worse than a root canal in my opinion).

If you have any interest at all in becoming a timeshare owner, join TUG2.net to learn more about timeshares and look at resales. Often, though, you can rent timeshares for not much more than what people pay in maintenance fess.

I would take a shorter, less expensive vacation before I'd bother with one of these presentations.

Perry
Level Contributor
4 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: vacation presentation

Don't go to the time share / vacation presentation unless you can listen to their BS and say no at the end. I recently attended a presentation by one of the vacation discount services.

I wanted Haygood tickets. I got 4 adult tickets and one teen ticket for $46. But, I had to attend a 90 minute high pressure sales pitch. It saved me $100 over buying the tickets online, but I don't think I would do it again.

By the way, the presentation was for discount travel. They give you a sales pitch and then bring in a squad of salesmen to try to get you to sign up.

The cost for the package started at over $10,000.00 down and $199 a year. I offered them $500 (+199/yr) and told them I would have to go home and do research on the offer before I signed. They countered with $1000 (+199/yr) but said I had to sign today. I asked why and they said "No one that leaves ever calls us back to sign up". I told them "That tells me something about your business".

Needless to say, I didn't buy, and after researching the business I'm glad I didn't. It's a scam. They bait you with huge savings on travel, but you can get the same prices online without paying exhorbitant fees. A quick internet search will give you all the info you need to stop yourself from buying into this scam (take a look at ripoffreport.com).

Overall, it was a very bad experience. I'm just glad The Haygoods were great, otherwise I would have been very very pissed off.

By the way, I can be a pretty big A$$hole to people that are trying to sell me something that I feel is a bad deal or a scam. It's just my personality. IF YOU CAN'T SAY NO DON'T GO TO ONE OF THESE PRESENTATIONS. THEY WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY. I feel sorry for the elderly couple that was in the room with us. I'm pretty sure they bought in at about $5000. What a shame.

Edited: 1:02 pm, September 08, 2010
Lincoln, NE
Destination Expert
for Lincoln
Level Contributor
671 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: vacation presentation

The non timeshare 2 for 1 that lovemycondo is talking about is a bright purple building on the left side of the street when you are going west on 76. They don't have every show, but do have a large variety. Also, reservebranson.com has some good deals. For shows like SIX, which 2 for 1 can't sell their tickets, go to the Hughes Brothers show and take your ticket to the ticket booth at the theater and you can get a discount on SIX tickets. We saw Hughes Brothers and greatly enjoyed the show. They involve many member of their huge family besides the brothers singing. If you are a member of AAA, they can also get you tickets for the shows, SDC.

Whatever you do, don't go to a 90 minute presentation as it will probably be 3 hours and you can use your time more wisely. Quality Hotel on Shepherd of the Hills Expressway is one hotel that says you can get tickets through them if you will go to their 90 minute presentation. Other hotels will also give you this line as other 2for1 ticket outlets. The purple building 2for1 won't try to sell you anything and won't even pressure you to buy tickets, but they have some good deals.