We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Year's Eve in Branson??

Which Branson hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Central America
Level Contributor
339 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
New Year's Eve in Branson??

Any suggestions?

Springfield, MO
Level Contributor
340 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Year's Eve in Branson??

You're going to have to give us a little more info here. What do you want suggestions for? Restaurants? Hotels? What is your price range? What are you looking for? I can make all kinds of recommendations, but unless I know what you are looking for, it probably won't be very helpful.

Let us know what you want out of this night and you'll get lots of responses.

Central America
Level Contributor
339 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Year's Eve in Branson??

Sorry to be vague....must have been in a hurry when I originally posted.

We have our accomodations. Group will consist of 7 - four adults and three kids.

Kids age 20,19, and 13. Mainly looking for show recommendations or other activities in the area that will be available during our

12/30 - 1/2 stay. If there are any special New Year's Eve events planned in the area I would appreciate learning about that as well.

Springfield, MO
Level Contributor
340 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Year's Eve in Branson??

You will have to do your research for shows - I wouldn't be surprised if none of them are open. Most shows close mid-December and don't re-open again until spring. I would try Dixie Stampede or Cirque, they are probably the most likely to be open, and both are supposed to be good.

There are lots of restaurants in the area, which would probably be your best bet for a countdown party. I think Branson Belle has a midnight cruise. Chateau on the Lake and Big Cedar Lodge also will probably have parties - they may be for guests only.

About 30 minutes north of Branson, Springfield hosts the annual "First Night" party downtown. It is family-oriented, but many of the bars and clubs will also be open. I have never attended, but I have heard lots of good things. Here is a brief sentence I found on www.itsalldowntown.com (a great resource for Springfield activities):

First Night Springfield - 5:30 p.m. - Midnight, Saturday, Dec. 31, multiple Center City venues & Jordan Valley Park. Admission: $7 individual or $25 family 4-pack. Sponsor: Springfield Regional Arts Council. Call 862-ARTS (2787).

Here is a link to more in-depth info about the night's activities - this actually sounds really fun with theatre, ice skating, concerts and more:

http://www.udaonline.org/cat_first_night.html