We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Branson in the winter

Which Branson hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Maine
9 posts
Save Topic
Branson in the winter

Is there anyone out there who has been to Branson in March? I would like to go to Branson, but I'm worried that March will mean many places will be closed. Is it worth it at that time? It's the only month I can go in 2009. I've never been there before.

missouri
Destination Expert
for Branson
Level Contributor
776 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Branson in the winter

It all depends on what type of activities you are hoping to do! We've been in Mid March, and not many of the shows are operating. Lots of the hotels, restaurants, etc are still closed. If you are wanting to shop, March would be a great time ---- no crowds to work around! If we are wanting to just 'get away' for a relaxing few days, March is a great time to be in Branson, but if you are wanting to be entertained the entire time, you're gonna have to 'work a bit harder' to find things to keep you busy!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,114 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Branson in the winter

We are going in March also but just coming in for one night on our way somewhere else. We are looking for a show for Saturday night, March 14th.

St. Louis
Level Contributor
87 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Branson in the winter

When in March do you plan to go?

Silver Dollar City opens mid March, and that's a 2 day activity right there if you want to see their shows and go on the rides and just experience it.

The go-kart places open about then, as well as the mini-golf.

The lake is always open! So are all the hiking trails and scenic views. We love to geocache in Branson, as there are nearly 100 of them in a 20 mile radius.

If I remember correctly, I think Dixie Stampede is open about then, too, as well as several other shows. Most shows don't post their schedule yet until well into January or February, though.

So if you want it to be slower when you go to Branson, go the first half of March. If you want activity, go the second half of March (which is also Spring Break time there).

KCMO
Level Contributor
1,041 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Branson in the winter

Last March we went to Branson for Spring Break and the kids swam in the outdoor pool in the campground we were staying at. A few weeks later we went the Friday and Saturday before Easter and it was soo cold (22F) all the rides were shut down except the Lost River water ride. If it were me...I'd wait until March to make that decision. There are so many hotels finding one will not be a problem and you'll have a better idea of the shows that are open.

Missouri
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Branson in the winter

Branson is starting their season earlier and earlier each season. There will be a lot of attractions and shows open during this time, but I would definitely check a website for a full schedule before you plan your trip. ReserveBranson.com is a good place to see what is available.

Cotter, Arkansas
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Branson in the winter

My wife and I often go in March just to get away for a few days. Most everything is open but the crowds are thin. March is a good time to go.

Bedford, Texas
Level Contributor
40 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Branson in the winter

My wife and girl friends are coming Sun 15th to the 19th..you mentioned shopping..can you recommend areas or shops..also Eureka Springs..how about areas to the west..I have looked and not many shows..is the Lodge Resort sorry forgot name have a good lunch spot there. Is lamberts still worth the drive for dinner.

Thanks in advance for info

Nebraska
Level Contributor
300 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Branson in the winter

Branson Shopping areas and dining ideas ( ) in the shopping areas.

Outlet malls off Gretna Road.

Factory Merchants

Tanger Outlet Center

The Shoppes at Branson Meadows

VF Factory Outlet

North Edge of Branson

Branson Hills Plaza (Lamberts is a few miles north of this mall off Hwy 65. This would be about the closest you would be to the restaurant. Though it is a favorite of many, our family was not impressed by it.)

Off Hwy 165 immediately south of the strip aka Hwy 76

Coffelts Craft Village & Flea Market (Don’t know if these craft shops will be open for the year in mid March)

The strip aka Hwy 76

Grand Country Square (Grand Country Buffet ) & The Grand Village (Mel’s’ Hard Luck Diner)

Downtown shopping.

Historical Downtown (Farm House) & The Branson Landing (White River Fish, Shorty Smalls)

FYI Dick’s Oldtime 5 & 10 is downtown. The one in Branson Landing is only a miniature version of the true store in the historical area.

……..

Not sure what you mean by the place at the Lodge to eat. Do you mean Keeter Center at the College of the Ozarks? If so, excellent food. Good choice. Other places to consider eating at but they are not found in the malls, Danna’s, Tony Z’s, Chesters, Golden Corral Buffet, McFarlins, to name a few.

9. Re: Branson in the winter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:24 am, September 04, 2009