We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Safe" areas in Jacksonville??

Missouri
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
"Safe" areas in Jacksonville??

Hi all! My daughter and I will be driving down to New Orleans for a cruise and are looking staying overnight in Jackson, but was wondering about any hotels in a "decent" area to stay - any suggestions would be great!

Sorry, meant to say "Jackson" in my posting! Too early in the morning I guess!

Thanks

Sue

Edited: 7:54 am, March 04, 2010
Birmingham, AL
Level Contributor
1,065 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "Safe" areas in Jacksonville??

If you are on I-55, generally speaking, you will be better off in areas North of town...Canton, Madison, Ridgeland. Ridgeland being more congested with traffic, and a bit closer to central Jackson.

If you come in from the west, along I-20, stay in Clinton. I'd avoid 55 south of jackson as well as Jackson itself.

Look at the hotel reviews here on TA for those towns for current specific comments.

have a fun cruise!

Miller

Lakeland, TN
Destination Expert
for Tennessee, Memphis
Level Contributor
2,951 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: "Safe" areas in Jacksonville??

Hi Traveler!

bhlkin's advise is good. When I saw Madison in the group he listed I thought I would strongly second the suggestion. Madison's interstate appearance is upscale, clean, and village-like. It seems to have been engineered to be open, attractive and safe. Even the McDonalds has been built to high architectural standards to match other structures. It has been a couple of years since since I stopped there, however the Hilton Garden Inn was new, easily accessed and very close to stores and food.

3. Re: "Safe" areas in Jacksonville??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, September 04, 2010