We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation between New Orleans airport and Biloxi

Which Biloxi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
67 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation between New Orleans airport and Biloxi

Is there any way other than renting a car to get from the New Orleans Airport to Biloxi? I will be coming to Biloxi with a church group in March to work on Katrina cleanup I live in a different city than the rest of the group so will not be driving down with them.

Flying to New Orleans would be cheaper, more convenient to my home, and more direct than flights to Biloxi, but then how would I get to Biloxi? I did not find any information on the New Orleans Airport website under ground transportation.

I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks!

Panama City Beach...
Level Contributor
1,714 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation between New Orleans airport and Biloxi

I do believe a cab or rental car would be your only option, it's about a 90 minute drive. One day of car rental (returning it in Biloxi) would most likely be cheaper than a cab.

Boston
Level Contributor
15,119 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation between New Orleans airport and Biloxi

I think taking a cab from New Orleans to Biloxi would be prohibitively expensive. It definitely sounds like renting a car would be your best bet. I have no direct experience, but from what I have heard you will be pleasantly surprised at how much cheaper car rentals are down there than what you might be used to in the DC area.

3. Re: Transportation between New Orleans airport and Biloxi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 am, August 23, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Biloxi