We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can't find restaurant?

Opp, Alabama
Level Contributor
568 posts
135 reviews
Save Topic
Can't find restaurant?

We ate at a place on the beach side called Clubhouse, I thought, very close to Sharkheads. Can't find it on here, or on yellowpages.com. They had seafood and a separate sushi menu, up on very high stilts, huge parking lot, rope lights around the bottom of the deck railing, a hanging "deck swing" just inside the front door. Is it brand new or am I just not remembering the name right? Thanks for reading.

Biloxi, Mississippi
Destination Expert
for Biloxi
Level Contributor
591 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can't find restaurant?

It is new. It's called the Crabhouse. I tried it out and was very disappointed. I have never given a negative review for a restaurant before, but it was a pretty bad experience all around.

It took forever to get our order and while we were waiting we were hoping we''d get our salads or at least get some rolls. That didn't happen. When the food arrived we were given our appetizer, salads and entree - all at the same time. The appetizer we ordered were oysters ( pricey) and they were hardly larger then a pea. We are used to the wonderful oysters bienville from the Half Shell restaurant in Biloxi which were much much larger. No comparison. Next thing, they served the wrong entree to my husband. I had the rib eye steak which I ordered medium rare. A very thin, tough, well done steak arrived. To top it off, the check had an extra entree on it. The only good thing I can say about this restaurant is that the view is quite beautiful. I will usually give a new restaurant a second try, but this was so bad that I will not be going again.

Opp, Alabama
Level Contributor
568 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can't find restaurant?

Thanks! I wasn't that underwhelmed, but close. Fried green tomatoes were disappointing, bland, and served without a knife (which happened at another restaurant in Biloxi also, strange!) One could make an argument they are finger food if in a basket of mixed fried things, but served on a plate covered with sauce and shrimp - absolutely not finger food. The shrimp on the tomatoes had a good flavor but a little overcooked, I loved the sauce. Loved the building and the people, we were there pretty early so it didn't take long, but for beachfront prices, I expect muuuuch better food, and a full set of silverware to use as I see fit. It really annoys me to have to find somebody to ask, then wait, for missing silverware. Nobody ever asked if I wanted more wine. The menu seemed confused and unfocused. As mentioned, we came early, on a Friday night, and noticed the lobster tank was empty. Strange.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
41,500 posts
1,251 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can't find restaurant?

Claudia,

You probably should review the restaurant on TA, as I do not see it listed yet.

I have found that it is probably officially named the Blue Crabhouse (whether Crabhouse is one word, or two, is debatable).

Sounds like our visit to the Drago's at the Hilton Riverside, in New Orleans - no reason to ever go back.

Hunt

Colorado
Level Contributor
787 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can't find restaurant?

Bill, sorry you had a bad experience at Drago's. they have some of the best chargrilled oysters I've ever had. And in case you didn't know it, the owners are cousins to the family that owns Mary Mahoney's in Biloxi. I hope you'll give Drago's another try some day. They are a favorite of many Biloxians.

Opp, Alabama
Level Contributor
568 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can't find restaurant?

Well, I felt really bad at the time, leaving a first review that was negative. Unfortunately, it looks like this place continues to underwhelm people, with both the food and service, unacceptable. Somebody spent a ton of money to get it going, it *should* be good. Were we looking for a restaurant in Biloxi on here today, we would gladly avoid Blue Crabhouse after reading the reviews. For prices like they charge, both excellent service and food are expected, a must. Almost sounds like there is no manager.

Bill, I agree, I've been to Drago's a couple times and it was amazing. I'm so sorry your experience was different. Based on my fav experience there, I'd recommend going to the bar, if you enjoy libations. I'd have replied sooner but must have forgotten to click the box for email notices, and didn't realize this had more replies.

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g60864-d1186…

I wouldn't venture that far from the FQ just to eat or drink there, but when meeting friends staying in the hotel, it's very handy and we've had no unpleasantness.

6. Re: Can't find restaurant?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, May 16, 2015