We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What Beach

Beach Haven West...
Level Contributor
1,452 posts
Save Topic
What Beach

I will be in Biloxi the middle of August. If I want to spend a day at the beach with my wife which one should I go to? I will have a car so I can drive to the nicest one within an hour.

Biloxi, Mississippi
Destination Expert
for Biloxi
Level Contributor
598 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What Beach

As you may know from your previous visit to Biloxi, the beach extends for about 10 miles along Beach Blvd. I'd just drive along and park where there are vendors renting out the chairs and umbrellas. There are several buildings that you will notice right on the beach. Those have restrooms and I believe showers, but I'm not sure about that.

Anguilla...
Level Contributor
354 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What Beach

Most of the beach areas from Biloxi to Gulfport are the same. Due to the shallow nature of the continental shelf the water is very shallow. The barrier islands offshore also contribute to the beach conditions here. The water is shallow, you can wade several hundred yards out and the water never gets over waist deep. The water isn't very clear. There normally aren't very big waves.

Getting the public facilities back after Katrina has been very slow, but there are several public bathrooms with outdoor showers to wash off the sand. They'll be near the public parking lots on the beach.

If you wanted to go a bit further, Gulf Shores and Orange Beach have deeper, clearer waters. That's about 2 hours to the east.

Biloxi, Ms.
Level Contributor
262 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What Beach

Well since you are willing to drive an extra hour, you might want to consider driving in to Gulfport Ms. and going out on a Ship Island Excursion. They run a couple of boats out a day and the water on the other side of Ship Island is really pretty. It is a all day thing and bring plenty of sun block. Please do your research on the Excursion and Ship Island. Also the weather. I would hate for you to drive down to go and they are not running because of the weather. The only thing about that is you would still be able to go to the beach in Gulfport or Biloxi.

4. Re: What Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 12, 2013