We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Only one Ship Island Ferry?

new orleans
Level Contributor
1 post
72 reviews
Save Topic
Only one Ship Island Ferry?

I took the 9am ferry ride from Gulfport to Ship Island yesterday which I thought was the first excursion. Since I traveled alone I was the first person off the boat and first to reach the beach from the boat. I was surprised to find about 100 people already camped out in the chairs and umbrellas. I've searched online for other ferry schedules but only find the one from the Gulport Marina. How are these other people getting there so early?

Mentioned in this post
Gulfport
Gulfport
Mississippi
Ship Island
Ship Island
272 Reviews
Biloxi, MS
Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Only one Ship Island Ferry?

They may have been dropped off by a private charter. I thought the 9 AM departure was their first.

msshipisland.com/Boat_Fares___Group_Rates.ht…

Biloxi, Mississippi
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Only one Ship Island Ferry?

The Ship Island Excursion is the only public transportation to the island. Charter boats and private vessels can drop people off at the island though.

Galveston
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Only one Ship Island Ferry?

After arrival was it worth it? How did u get there from Biloxi?

Galveston
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Only one Ship Island Ferry?

How did you get to lightouse from biloxi? From Beau Rivage.

Jackson,MS
Level Contributor
885 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Only one Ship Island Ferry?

For the Ship Island Excursion, go west into Gulfport on Beach Blvd. and keep driving until you see the big cargo port to the left, of course. The Ship Island Excursion has a marked pier among the complex. From the Beau Rivage the light house is also to the west on Beach Blvd. Just drive until you see it.

Mentioned in this post
Gulfport
Gulfport
Mississippi
Biloxi, Mississippi
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Only one Ship Island Ferry?

Just head west on Beach Blvd. The excursion is in the Gulfport Yacht Harbor next to the U.S. Coast Guard facility (large building with red roof) near the intersection of Highway 49 at the water's edge. (228) 864-1014

You can see the Biloxi Lighthouse from the Beau Rivage. Just leave the parking garage and head west. It will be on your left side, in the middle of the highway. There's a large parking lot you can park in or you can visit the newly opened Biloxi Lighthouse Visitors Center on your right.

Mentioned in this post
Biloxi Lighthouse
Biloxi Lighthouse
386 Reviews
Biloxi, MS
7. Re: Only one Ship Island Ferry?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 am, October 06, 2012