We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

So excited about my trip back to Biloxi!

jennlynnmahan80
Level Contributor
99 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
So excited about my trip back to Biloxi!

My husband and I went to Biloxi for our honeymoon and went again two years later, but it was all before Katrina. I now have the chance to take a girl's trip back. Because gas is so expensive, we are just going to go as cheap as possible when it comes to eating and doing anything extra. I have us two nights booked at the Isle of Capri, which I found at a reasonable rate. I was trying to get an idea of what we would spend on food. I figure we will try to eat seafood at least one night - how is the seafood buffet at the Isle? How expensive is it? Is their breakfast buffet affordable? Any recommendations for affordable food? We just plan on spending as much time as possible at the beach (and in the hotel pool).

Anguilla...
Level Contributor
354 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: So excited about my trip back to Biloxi!

My wife and I ate at McElroy's on the Bayou last year and it was not good. We went specifically because they were supposed to have several types of Lazy Magnolia beer on tap and they only had bottled domestics. The service was mediocre and the food was average.

2 weeks ago we stayed at the Beau. The weekend breakfast buffet is outragously priced so we decided to give the Calypso buffet at the Isle of Capri a chance. Big mistake. It's cheap for a reason - the food is aweful. Most of the food is flavorless. The biscuits were dry and tasted like they were made of flour and water. Most of the food tasted very strange. The service was aweful.

If you want a good, cheap breakfast, go to one of the many Waffle Houses or even McDonalds.

I've heard mixed reviews about the Blow-Fly but I haven't tried it. The next time we're down there I probably will give it a shot.

If you're on the western end of the coast, Trapani's is a winner in Bay St. Louis.

Jackson,MS
Level Contributor
885 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: So excited about my trip back to Biloxi!

Oh, y'all HAVE to try the restaurant, LookOut 49, in Gulfport! Fabulous seafood.....cajun cooking...sluuuuuurp! It is to die for. We have eaten there twice with family members and LOVED every morsel.

It is on the west side of 49 on North of I-10. The outer decor is rather unassuming (white w/ royal blue trim)...an older building....interior is rustic and woodsy...kinda cute. It sits next to a big store of some sort (can't remember name)which sits back a little. If you are heading north, you can turn left at a stop light on 49 into the store's parking lot and park next to the restaurant which is easier than actually parking in the restaurant's parking lot. We like to stop there for lunch before heading out for home up 49N.

Jackson,MS
Level Contributor
885 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: So excited about my trip back to Biloxi!

I forgot to mention, also, that the prices are great there at LookOut 49. LOL....I sound like an advertisement; but I promise I'm just your average traveler Mississippian.

14. Re: So excited about my trip back to Biloxi!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:29 am, October 04, 2009