We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to stay and items of interest for teens

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
19 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Places to stay and items of interest for teens

I am traveling to the North Shore solo with my 2 teenage daughters and need some ideas of things to do and places to stay. I have already booked a place in Lutsen for Friday & Saturday but would like to find a place in the Duluth - Two Harbors area for Thursday evening. As well, any suggestions you have for activities for our 3 pack would be great. Places to eat in that stretch from Duluth to Lutsen would be fabulous too! Traveling July/Aug 2013.

3 replies to this topic
Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,059 posts
628 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to stay and items of interest for teens

Places to eat: Betty's Pies, Rustic Inn Cafe

Activities: Eagle Ridge Resort Lutsen - alpine slide, great hiking trails on site as well as 12 person guided canoe rides, gondola to Moose Mnt

Lots of great State parks in the area. Grand Marais is always a treat to visit.

Minneapolis
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
3,838 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to stay and items of interest for teens

See Gooseberry Falls, and the Lighthouse.

There's a great easy hike a few miles up the shore from Tofte, called the Oberg Loop.

It's a quick drive up to the trail head, then about 15 minute walk up to the peak, then a trail that takes you around the peak with seven scenic vistas. Should take a little over an hour to complete.

I usually hit Judy's Cafe in Two Harbours on the main drag. Great food & prices.

Stillwater...
Level Contributor
856 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to stay and items of interest for teens

I second Rustic Inn and Judy's. In Beaver Bay, try the Lemon Wolf Cafe, great food.

http://lemonwolfcafe.com/home.html

Lots to do and see all along the North Shore, really depends on what you are looking for. Plenty of waterfalls, hiking trails outdoor things, but I'm not sure if that is what you are asking for. Two Harbors has a bunch of shops, there are craft stores scattered everywhere you are going as well.

Some very nice museums in Duluth, and Tofte. Sugarloaf Cove has a very nice interpretive center.

www.sugarloafnorthshore.org/explore.php

Duluth has an Alpine Slide at Spirit Mt.

spiritmt.com/adventure-park/…index.html

There is also one at Lutsen,

eagleridgeatlutsen.com/experience/…

But they are completely different, check out both websites if interested.

If into thrill rides, Grand Marais will have 2 ziplines by the time you go. Currently one is open @ Gunflint Lake, up the Gunflint Trail. And another will be opening this spring overlooking Grand Marais.

gunflint.com/activities/…20details.htm

http://www.superiorziplines.com/

Spirit Mt. also has one, but is much tamer, (think chair lift).

If you reply with what type of activities you are looking for, we can be more specific.

Reply to: Places to stay and items of interest for teens
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted