We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best breakfast within walking dist of Crown Plaza Riverfront

Fargo, North Dakota
Level Contributor
282 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Best breakfast within walking dist of Crown Plaza Riverfront

My husband and I will be in St Paul for a wedding this weekend and are wondering what the best breakfast restaurant is within walking distance of the Crowne Plaza Riverfront? How about late night dining, between 9:30p-10:30p, for a sandwich or burger for Friday night?

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
4,679 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best breakfast within walking dist of Crown Plaza Riverfront

Two places srping immediately to mind when you ask about breakfast in downtown St. Paul. Problem is, I'm not sure what walking distance is to you.

Key's Cafe on Robert Street is the best option. Absolutely delicious wild rice/duck omelette (though don't be scared off if you like the traditional stuff, they have that too -- huge pancakes, etc,). Reasonable prices, friendly place but crowded.

It's about 9 blocks, which is a hefty walk, but one that you'll need to walk off the large portions. You could see if the hotel shuttle will take you there. Cab would be $5 there, and you could walk off your meal on the way back.

Similar distance away is Mickey's Diner -- an area icon. Breakfast is very good, but it's also great for a cheap (but tasty and greasy) burger and fries. Very cheap but also often requires a wait. Popular place. Tight quarters, though, because it's a diner car.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
4,679 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best breakfast within walking dist of Crown Plaza Riverfront

to clarify:

Mickey's is a greasy spoon type breakfast place. Less expensive than Key's, which is not that expensive and more of a sitdown over coffee, read the newspaper and eat place, where you really take your time. I love them both.

minneapolis
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis, Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,167 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best breakfast within walking dist of Crown Plaza Riverfront

I would also put in a nod for breakfast at the Woodfire Grill, it's actually good any time of day for all that you mentioned.

4. Re: Best breakfast within walking dist of Crown Plaza Riverfront

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:20 pm, September 16, 2009